Lines appearing on Receipt (Start TSP 700 II / STAR TSP100 TSP143U)

This issue has been bugging me for while and unable to pin point what causing it . i have been testing two Star printers and on both model lines appear on left hand side on receipt and ticket.

This is not a line. This is ! character and used to tell ESC/POS printers line breaks. If your printers can support ESC/POS mode please enable this. If not you can use HTML printer.

1 Like

check enable ESC/POS checkbox

Although the option Enable ESC/POS is available for on TSP100 via driver/software utility . Same option is not available on the TSP700 model driver/utility (strange). only way to configure is by changing the switch on TSP700.

change the dip switch settings on tsp700
1-1. TSP700 Series
The details of each command are shown in the following sections.
The printer has two different software modes (STAR Line mode and ESC/POS
mode ) which can be selected using the DIP switch.
(Factory setting: STAR Line mode)
DIP Switch #1
1-1 Mode Selection
ON STAR Line mode
OFF ESC/POS mode

For the detailed functions and settings of the DIP switches, please refer to the
User’s Manual.
1-2. TSP800 Series
The details of each command are shown in the following sections.
The printer has three different software modes (STAR Line mode, STAR Pege
mode, DP8340 mode and ESC/POS mode ) which can be selected using the DIP
switch.
(Factory setting: STAR Line mode)
DIP Switch #1
1-1 1-2 Mode Selection
ON ON STAR Line mode
OFF ON STAR Page mode
ON OFF DP8340 mode
For the detailed functions and settings of the DIP switches, please refer to the
User’s Manual.

For Info only:

My issue with TSP 700 II is that there are no drivers available for ESC/POS mode. Windows 7 request drivers when printer is set to ESC/POS mode, the driver’s available with StarPRNT V2.1 Lite for Windows 32-bit Systems (http://www.starmicronics.com/support/) does NOT work under ESC/POS settings. When the switch settings is set to default factory settings the drivers received with StarPRNT V2.1 Lite functions correctly without any issues.

I have raised this with STAR and waiting for there feedback.

Require driver for ESP/POS settings.

For reference-
Below is the work around for ESC/POS mode for Star TSP700II model received from Star. i have not been able to get it working with sambaPOS as its complicated and require additional programming work with SDK etc…

Star TSP700II model

With esc/pos mode the printer is usually controlled directly by a custom applications designed to work with the printer.

You can use our SDK to communicate with the printers from http://www.starmicronics.com/support/sdkdocumentation.aspx

ESC/POS mode
It must be physically set using the DIP Switch for ESC/POS mode.

Dip switch 1 and 5 need to be set to OFF position

Dip switch 5, which will change the printer to Vendor mode, this will create a virtual serial port, example COM33. you can then connect the com33(or whatever name you are issued) to your application, allowing you direct esc/pos data transfer to the printer.

Hello @morshed1. Did you tried Raw printer? Maybe we can find xct commands to format items and later I can create a specific printer like ticket printer to translate printer template commands.

Hi @emre, no I did not try the RAW printer settings. I’ll try it in the evening when I’m back home and advice. thanks…

Update:

Setting the printer to ESC/POS i was unable to print anything via SambaPOS.
Under ESC/POS setings printer is configured to a virtual serial port (COM21).

SambaPOS does not detect the COM21 (under Printer Share name/Port Number). so i manually entered… no luck… no communication between sambapos and printer.

Attached are SDK files- if they are of any use…

OPOS_Samples.zip (44.8 KB)

StarIO-Windows_2.1_2.1_Release.zip (1.9 MB)

if ESC/POS can not work with SambaPOS that not a problem… I’ll just use the Default Star Line Emulation mode.

thanks…

hello @morshed1 i am wondering if you were able to fix this issue?

as i am using a star tsp 600 usb printer and experiencing the same problems.

thank you