Link between Customer and Transaction/Ticket

Hello,

At the end of the month, I must (it’s the law here) give to my accountant such a report:

Date           Ticket #       Cust. Tax #      Company Name    Cash    Card
 28/02/2014	001-054528					3.5	0
 28/02/2014	001-054529					0	22.5
 28/02/2014	001-054530	20528265350	MAKITA SAC	7	0
 28/02/2014	001-054531					36	0
 28/02/2014	001-054532					11	0
 28/02/2014	001-054533					42.5	0
 28/02/2014	001-054534	20524779995	NIVIGLOBAL SAC	5	0
 28/02/2014	001-054535					31.5	0

While I can find my way for Date, Ticket #, cash, Credit card, etc … I cannot find the (SQL) link between the ticket and the Customer/company information if it exists.

Thank you for any help.

Marc

Continuing the discussion from Some more Reports:

I’ll go out on a limb here and suggest that there is no such link between a Customer (Entity) and a Ticket, because an Entity does not deal with Transactions. You cannot Pay a Ticket with an Entity, only by an Account (Payment Types).

However, you will find a link between Customer ACCOUNT and a Ticket, in one or more of the Transaction tables. That said, this would require that you Pay a Ticket using a Customer Account (then subsequently add Cash or Credit Card payment to that Account).

Then you would join the (Customer) Entity table with the (Customer) Account table.

Regards,
Q

Thanks again for your quick reply.

First let me explain why I need that. It’s a local issue, but it applies to lots of countries and surely in latin america. I am in Peru. There are 2 types of manual-paper Bill:

• Boleta: for anyone, has to be given to customer (otherwise business
    closed+fine), used to control your own sales.
  • Factura: for companies, has to be given to customer, when presented
    to tax authority, can be used by the company as a company cost. The factura MUST contains the company legal name, address and RUC (unique company tax number). Let’s say a company organises a dinner for its employees, the company can use the bill as company cost only if the bill is a factura.

Today electronic, IT, printers, … There is a third kind of Bill:

• Ticket: printed by a cash register machine. A normal ticket is used as it is for normal customer (boleta) and can be used as a factura (and so be used by the company as a company cost) only if company name, address, RUC # are written on the ticket.

Until there, no trouble, I can print out the tickets correctly:
Example:

• as it is if “normal customer” (like boleta)
  • selecting a customer if it is a company (like factura).

Now at the end of each month I need to sent to my accountant the list of tickets. Just date, ticket #, total for “normal customer”, but for “company” customer, legal name and RUC # must appears in the report.
And that’s where I am stuck as the information is not present in the DB.

Now, I kind of understand your answer however i am a bit a affraid to apply it.
As the customer/company information is available at the moment of printing, is there a way to script-grab the customer information + ticket # and keep it somewhere (file, db), I would add that info in the available report.

I really have to find a work around for this matter in order to be able to use SambaPOS, and I want to use it, it’s a wonderfull software.

Marc

If it helps TicketEntities table contains information about entities selected for ticket.

1 Like

You are the man !!!

TicketID and EntityName+Custom, all I was looking for :smile:

Now ley’s go SQL, I never used Ms SQL server before but must be like mysql, posgresql I guess.

Thank you @emre and @QMcKay

Marc

That’s great news! I figured this information must be stored somewhere, since the Tickets screen and Ticket Explorer widget are able to display the correlation between a Ticket and an Entity.

Now I can print Customer Account purchases if requested!

Regards,
Q