Loyalty Point Issues - help needed

Display Ticket with Id=0 is used to refresh the Display of the Ticket, so calling it on Ticket Closing is not going to help you in any way. I suggested it to show an update of Entity Data.

You need to prove that it is or is not being updated. Put a Show Message action after the Data update to see if it is really happening, or in a subsequent Rule that is fired.

The reason of it is the cache I’ve implemented to render entity selection screens. I need to change how I handle caches so you really don’t need to add additional stuff to handle that. That will work fine on next update (.56).

Hey Q - if you look above you will see the debugger rule and red arrow pointing to the update of points. I think the Entity screens running in the background have the cached data and the ticker header (internal action) is grabbing the data from the cache. The point the data is lost actually is when the Customer is re-selected and there are no rules or actions that are fired looking at the debugger.

That is what really confused me as I was looking for the dumb rule or action which was going wrong. But I will experiment with the Prompt as you suggest as it should pinpoint the best place to refresh.

Happy to test when beta ready.

1 Like

Hey @emre don’t suppose you or Q could throw me a lifeline and give me some guidance on:
"Converting acrued points to dollars"

I was thinking:

1. Place automation button on Payments Screen - say next to discounts;
  2. Automation enabled when points available and coverts points to Customer Account $$ at certain ratio say 10 points = $1;
  3. Some sort of accounting may be to be created for Customer Deposits/Dollars Earned/?

Any tips :smile:
PS: I thought a “points plus pay” is going to be way too difficult for this little indian.

You can use product promotion or payment promotion. Product promotion allows customers to earn free products for certain points. (Buy 10 coffee, win 1 like). Payment promotion is customer earns %x dollars from his payments (whatever he buys). Implementing a combination of these (earning points from product and using it for payment) leads to an unnecessarily complex promotion scheme that needs a promotion system works like a different currency type. (for converting points to payment currency and reflecting it to customer account) . It will be a good idea to keep it simple and understandable for customers. For your case payment promotion sounds like a good idea. If you give %5, customer earns $5 promotion from 100 dollar payment.

For an example you can review SambaCard tutorial. Old (might not work with v5) but will give an idea.

Yes have the SambaCard Tutorial open in browser for the last 3 days haha. It would be nice to have this upgraded tp V5 at some stage :wink: :kissing:

Well I have the Products promotion working now to earn reward points. These work as tutorial where they can be used for a free product. In Australia, however, they can be used as cash also but at a lower ratio or percentage. So I just need to add a feature to convert Customer Points to Cash?

i.e. Move {Customer.Points] 50 -> AUTOMATION -> [Customer Account] $5
The ration is whatever the club decides.

I never experienced something like that. It will be awesome if you can implement this and share a tutorial with us lol…

I hope your not expecting me to crash and burn! :boom: @emre - have you not noticed I am a stubborn old bugger… Anyway I am going to bed!

Hi @emre just so I am better educated - why does the above use the TN() function in 1 spot and not the other. Both are product Tags?
TAG:Reward used in Increase Customer Points - TN() used here
TAG:Point used in Decrease Customer Points - Not used here

You provided the syntax for TAG:Reward in the Tracking Points by Promotion link above.

That ensures empty tags are processed as zero. However using TN for {QUANTITY} is also recommended. It may produce different results depending on local formatting.

Ok so it should be used for: [={QUANTITY}*{ITEM TAG:Points}] as well. Also do we use two TN() functions in the one line - one for QUANTITY and one for POINTS?; OR

• one for both inside the TN() function?
    Great thanks.

You should use TN() on each Tag separately to ensure they are converted to numbers before performing any calculations, as such:

[=TN('{QUANTITY}') * TN('{ITEM TAG:Points}')]
2 Likes

Thanks @ - that it locked away now!