Managers, how do you do your inventory check?

Hi,

I manage a small family restaurant.

My question, how do you make an inventory of material in your kitchen and whatever cleaning supplies the restaurant needs?

I’d like to keep track of this in SambaPOS. I know how to enter transaction documents manually.

I mean what do you use to check your inventory?

Do you print a list and go about ticking each quantity of item? then add the items in SambaPOS?
Do you use some app on your phone and enter the quantities of each item?

Ideally, I’d like to use an app on my phone that updates some spreadsheet or database shared with SambaPOS and then items would be added automatically to the Inventory.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Thats an odd one to want to track in a epos inventory… Wheres connection between these and items sold? You would have to tell samba whats been used ? not sure I understand that… Unless you has a cleaning supplies section on the menu which staff had to ‘order’/ring through the supplies used.

Inventory as I understand it is you put in your purchases - ie 10 burger pattie & 5 bags of chips, 1xBurger ordered is counted as 1x burger pattie and say 0.1 x bag of chips, so after a month or whatever you print the ‘estimated inventory report’ and go round to check that actual stock matches what it should be based on whats been sold… (Stocktake)
And in between you can see what the estimated stock level is and order based on that without counting all your stock before ordering.

EITHERWAY there isnt a phone app, you could maybe look at RDP from a tablet :smile:

Thats an odd one to want to track in a epos inventory… Wheres
connection between these and items sold? You would have to tell samba
whats been used ? not sure I understand that… Unless you has a
cleaning supplies section on the menu which staff had to ‘order’/ring
through the supplies used.

So we have a family run restaurant and I’m supposed to be the manager. I just don’t have the background education for this so please excuse my rookie questions. If there’s a better way, please do tell me how.

So SambaPOS is for tracking sales and inventory. So that would calculate profit but ignoring rent and other facilities and cleaning supplies and whatever.

I want to add all expenses to SambaPOS so that I get net profit and loss numbers.

Inventory as I understand it is you put in your purchase

back to original question. So basically, you check what SambaPOS says against actual stock matches? Where do you write the actual numbers? How do you keep track of everything? I know my way around software in general, but in this case, I don’t know what’s the standard workflow to follow.

thanks.

that flow will.be different for every owner. You need to find what works for you. I personally use samba to track everything through accounting. You can see some of my accounting tutorials to get you started.
I.dont track cleaning supplies individually they are just part of a supplies budget. Whatever I don’t spend at end of a three month quarter I add to a special budget for maintenence. It would take me a while yo explain my entire operation. You need to figure out how you want it to run and then we can help you implement it.

I’m sure this is possible, you could try searching for purchased/paid out, there are a couple of tutorials for paid out buttons.

TBH I would say you would better to look at some basic accounting software, while I’m sure you could track all expenses in samba I think some basic accounting software would help you better (still use samba for POS) your sales data from samba would go into your accounting software.

Have a look at domething like quickfile which is what I use for my self employed accounting.

All I’m saying is by the sounds of it your looking for a more general accounting software which would probably be more useful to you to have full breakdown of costs; rent, rates, utilities, stock, wages etc.

ok, thanks for the advice. Will look into it. you are right about needing a more general software cause I know the math but I don’t know how to setup the spreadsheets and what kind of workflow to go through collecting and analyzing data.