Manual Discount Value not Printing correctly on Receipt

Hello,

My manual discount value is not printing correctly on the receipt. How ever on the POS screen the calculations are displaying correctly. On the receipt it is displaying the whole amount as discounted:

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<EB>
<T>Receipt
<DB>

<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
{ENTITIES}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<L00>Waiter:{TICKET TAG:Waiter}
<L00>Covers:{TICKET TAG:Covers}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<EB>
<J00>Subtotal:|[=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{TAX TOTAL}'))]
{DISCOUNTS}
{TAXES}
[<J10>Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
{SERVICES}
<J10>Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
{PAYMENTS}
<DB>
<F>=
<C10>T H A N K   Y O U

[DISCOUNTS]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[SERVICES]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
<J00>{PAYMENT NAME}|{TENDERED TOTAL}
<J00>Change Due:|{CHANGE TOTAL}

[ORDERS]
<J00>- {QUANTITY} [='{NAME}'.substr(0,24)]|{TOTAL PRICE}
[='{NAME}'.substr(24,48) == '' ? '' : '<L00>    ' + '{NAME}'.substr(24,48)]
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**GIFT**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

[TAXES]
<J00>{TAX NAME}|{TAX AMOUNT}

Please advise.

You have discounted as a payment not a calculation???
It’s showing TENDERED TOTAL because that’s what you have on the right for payments.
TENDERED AMOUNT is probably what you want but pretty sure you don’t want discount as a payment type…

Can you please explain in detail. I would like the discount given to show on the receipt also. after which discounted total should show and then the tendered amount and change.

Your using a payment type for a discount? Can you explain why you chose to do that instead of using calculations which are how you should apply a discount? Is there a reason you wanted to do it like that vs using calculation?

I am not seeing a calculation type opiton other wise i would use it. Sometimes we give manual discount value not percentange off total bill to customers hence we would like it printed on the receipt.

Can you advise how i can do this please.

You would use fixed amount for calculation type. Use a calculation selector and define a header for it so it puts a button on payment screen. Type amount press button.

1 Like

Sorry i dont know how to do this. I have shared my ticket template and screen shots, can you please explain it to me step by step.

Your template is setup already for it. You just need to do what I said above with calculation type and calculation selector.

Sorry but i dont know how to do what you are telling me. If you can kindly type the changes i need to make or point me in the direction where to make them, i would highly appreciate it.

1. Go to:
Manage > Tickets > Calculation Types

Create a calculation type for Fixed Amount and give it a name

1. Go to:
Manage > Tickets > Calculation Selectors

Define a Button by using the Header field, and add the Calculation Type that you created in step 1.

When you Settle the Ticket, you should see the Discount button that you created (the Calculation Selector). Type a number using the on-screen keypad and click that discount button.

There are many ways to do Discounts:

The following one is in the list of methods found above. It uses an Ask Question Action to apply a fixed discount from a list of choices. The Calculation Type setup in this Tutorial is the same as I explained in step 1 and 2, but it uses more Automation to control the Amount of discount that can be given.

I am getting the following error:

Cant save because payment transaction used by a payment type

You should delete the “Discounted” Payment Type if you can first then try to create your Calculation Type again.

If it is not allowing you to do so, then you will need to find a way to delete the Transaction(s) that used that Payment Type first. You can try this:

Go to:

Manage > Accounts > Transactions

Find the Ticket(s) that contain the “Discounted” Payment Type Transaction.

Highlight the Transaction Line that contains that type of “Discounted” Payment Type Transaction.

Click the Delete button at the bottom.

Click the Save button.

You will need to do this with ALL Tickets that used that Payment/Transaction Type, then you should be able to delete that “Discounted” Payment Type in Tickets > Payment Types

2 Likes

Thank you i found my own folly. i was using the discount as a voucher, re did it and its working fine now.