My inventory is suddenly empty

Hi
I was working on an inventory issue transaction then suddenly my power went out before I saved it. When I restarted my software then my inventory is now showing blank completely. I use SQL express database, can someone advice?

“Working on it” how? Through SambaPOS Inventory Screen? End of Day records? SSMS SQL?

Showing blank where? Inventory Items? End of Day records? Database Tables?

@QMcKay I was making transaction entries through the inventory screen. I have two stores, that is the main store and the bar store. At the time of the power blackout I was actually transferring from my main store to the bar store.

The inventory is showing black in my reports under inventory items; there is the list of inventory items but nothing in terms of the number of inventory items either in main store or in my bar store.

That was my main store on 14/10/17

and the above my bar store on the same date

and This is how my inventory looks today, what could have happened and how do I resolve it?

Looks like it didnt save your EOD report. Try reentering your EOD.

How do I reenter EOD report?

The problem occurred during the day yesterday but the sales continued normally, only inventory was affected.

@Jesse are you still there?

Can someone help with this kindly, it seems like a unique problem that most guys haven’t experienced here?

I didn’t think you could make inventory adjustments while a work period is open?

@JTRTech I need some explanation please on what could have caused this and how i can possibly resolve it.
I have always added inventory items to my main store and transferred the same to the bar when the work period is open. On the contrary, when a work period is closed you can add an inventory item.

What you said earlier about end of day is not adding items you need to be specific with what you did. Likely it just did not save your work and so it’s now in a new work period

1 Like

This is what I said that happened @Jesse; I was doing a transfer entry from my main store to the bar when power went out. After the power blackout, when I checked the inventory items, my main store was empty and what was showing in the bar are only the sold items but all showing negatives. That is within the same work period; normally my work period starts at 9am to 9am the next day

So did it save your inventory transaction?

Funny thing it did save and I can see it under transactions