NEED HELP In displaying orders on kitchen screen ONLY!

HI I AM USING @JohnS KITCHEN SETUP BUT I WOULD LIKE TO JUST VIEW THE ORDERS THERE DONT WANT THE ORDER BUTTON?

INSTEAD USE DELIVERY BUTTON AS READY & DELIVERED?

so in order to achieve this what shall i do?

thanks

i have one method dont know whether right or not:

dont use the kithcen module version just use the normal version and add an entity ‘kitchen’ which would display all the orders.

i hope i get to implement this!!!

got some information from Kitchen Display Screen but i am stuck!!!

i have created a kitchen entity
have state ‘preparing
then on ticket closing rule i change the ticket status to ‘preparing’’

but cant see any orders on the entity

please help!!!

thanks

@JohnS in your kitchen setup you have four rules ending with (k) do i need to add all these rules?

this is what i want to acheive:

1.take orders, settle payment
2. display orders in kitchen
3. hold ticket
4. when order delivered unhold ticket and clear table

@madiha As I can remember how John’s setup works, tickets have a default state when you first create them and Order Ready button changes that state. If you don’t want to use that button you can check how Order Ready button changes Ticket’s state and set this state as the default state.

@emre and @JohnS i have tried to make the changes but i am not achieving the desired result.

made changes in kitchen entity:

then change the order ready rule to

once i take orders and settle payment…delivered button is enabled.

when click i get this…unable to close ticket also

but when i return to table the table is still blue

and if i open the table i can see the kitchen state is still preparing hvnt change to delivered

so what else do i need to do that the kitchen state is changed from preparing to delivered and the table gets cleared?

I think you don’t need Load Ticket action there. This action is useful when you need to open a ticket (like order ready button does) and change it. At the time you use Delivered button you already have an open ticket on the screen. It probably loads wrong ticket so nothing changes on your active ticket. Remove Load Ticket action from the list and try again.

i have manage to change the state of kitchen to delivered after removing the load ticket rule but one issue still exists. when i click on delivered button i manage to change the state but it also shows new ticket in which close button is disabled

and the table doesnot get cleared?

OK SOLVED!!!

i put the system in original version then modify the Delivered rule and change the state there

for users:

1. remove order ready from command button in kitchen entity
    and change the state in delivered rule:

thanks @emre for your support

1 Like