Need Help to Custom the report

He meant to say remove the Ticket Type (TY) from the expression and leave in the Payment Type (PT) to get a total, so for example, you are doing this:

{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:(TY=Ticket) AND (PT=Cash)}

Now remove the Ticket Type (TY) qualifier from the expression so you can get a Total of all Ticket Types paid by Payment Type (PT) Cash …

{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:(PT=Cash)}

2 Likes

It needs to actually be like this:

{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.sum:(PT=Cash)}

That would be because its listing each payment. If you want it to sum them then you use the .sum like shown above.

Your Pickup and Delivery is returning nothing so are you sure you have that correct? Do you actually have any data to show?

PS This is version 4 I just realized that. I cant remember if .sum works correctly or not it may be v5 only. I remember I had to use SQL to get some of these calculations but now its built into v5.

1 Like

I see people saying this all the time. This is not the same thing as programming. This is simply learning features of a product and how to use them so that means yes you will need to study it. I am not a programmer, neither is most forum members.

When I see people on here say things like that it really makes me not want to help much because 99% of the time it means they are not willing to put much effort into it and simply want us to do it for them.

Lets try this again and this time you look at the links provided and actually try to do some of it. Show us when you get stuck. All you have done so far is copy what one of us shows you and then you come back here when its not working for you.

PS. Most of us are on v5 now and don’t have version 4 installed to test some things so you will need to be mindful of that.

2 Likes

@Jesse Thank you for your suggestion, I studied this SAMBA at the 1st step until almost completed for 4 months until the report phase (final step) and never POST for asking and I read a lot for you guy chatting and I read your reply to the people as the same like this also, I really do understand you and team Thank you again. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@QMcKay Thank you so much it very clarified message, I will try again and let you know the result :blush:

Hi @QMcKay
Finally I got the number but still have problem about dropping down issue.
Do you have any solution for this issue?

Here is my Template
[Daily Report (Include TAX, Exclude TiPs) :1,1,1,1,1]

|DiNE iN|Delivery|Pickup|Total
Cash|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Cash)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash)}
Credit|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Credit Card)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Credit Card)}
Total|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(TY=Dine-in Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(TY=Delivery Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(TY=Pickup Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash) OR (PT=Credit Card)}

Anyone, Could you please suggest or you have any solution please…
:joy:

You are not specifying the Ticket Type in the Green and Blue areas. They should all be done individually for Cash, and then Credit …

|DiNE iN|Delivery|Pickup|Total
Cash|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Dine-in Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Delivery Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Pickup Ticket)}{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash)}
Credit|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Dine-in Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Delivery Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Pickup Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Credit Card)}
Total|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(TY=Dine-in Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(TY=Delivery Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(TY=Pickup Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash) OR (PT=Credit Card)}
1 Like

The result of individual for cash and credit still the same issue sir.

Here is my template

|DiNE iN|Pickup|Delivery |Total
Cash|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Dine-in Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Delivery Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Pickup Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash)}
Credit|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Dine-in Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Delivery Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Pickup Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Credit Card)}

Hmm interesting why it doesnt like the cash/card breakdown to be in columns but the total is OK.
Try changing the Payment Detail tags to payment total and take out the P.Amount field as thats pretty much showing the same thing.

1 Like

JTRTech is right. Try this:

Cash|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Dine-in Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Delivery Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Pickup Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash)}
Credit|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Dine-in Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Delivery Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Pickup Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Credit Card)}

P.Amount.sum” works as well when using DETAILS. This was mentioned earlier in the thread, like this:

Cash|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.sum:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Dine-in Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.sum:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Delivery Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.sum:(PT=Cash) AND (TY=Pickup Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash)}
Credit|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.sum:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Dine-in Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.sum:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Delivery Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.sum:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TY=Pickup Ticket)}|{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Credit Card)}

Using the TOTAL method looks better than using the DETAILS method, IMO. Because when using TOTAL, it puts a dash (-) placeholder in when there is no value. For example, the Cash line is using DETAILS:P.Amount.sum while the Credit line is using TOTAL …

@Caps I also notice the header still says EXC tips.
There is nothing here taking out the tips…
I think you said they were a calculation?
So if you say dine in ticket +10% tip paid cash the payment total for dine in will INCLUDE that gratuity/tip!!!

@JTRTech , Yes it will EXC tips and from now need to solve dropping down issue first.
Anyway for Tip issue if I don’t have any solution (This solution need SQL script as your mentioned before because they were a calculation) I will not record Tips and not report. But if you have any solution please let me know thank you so much. :blush:

SQL or not it will be hard, what you might be better off doing which would be allot easier is to not do exc tips and to report tips on separate line…
The issue is reporting cash/card split on a calculation which would not be directly accosiated with payment type and even more complex and no idea how even with SQL would do where tickets are split payments cash/card.

Thank you so much @QMcKay and JTRTech finally is solved (Excepted the Tips calculation separate from payment)

:relaxed::tada::gift: Thank you again. :confetti_ball::fireworks::blush:

Anyone have Template solution or SQL Script to separated report like this

please kindly share to me. Thank you so much :kissing_heart:

Your total row can easily be done with normal report tags…
You issue with SQL or Report tags is that is a ticket is paid say half cash half card the tip will be counted twice as you would be saying sum of tips where ticket payment type is whatever, if its split multiple times it may even be once per payment on a ticket, ie split 3 ways will triple report tip.
There can be multiple payments per ticket.
On the total side there can ONLY be one ticket type so you can accurately report total tips calculation per ticket type and overall total.

Hi @JTRTech

Can I do template report without Delivery Fee? Do you have a solution?:blush: :relaxed:

Thank you sir…

@Caps Is it another calculation or a product?

If you wanting to do cash card split again you will struggle as sales and payments are not directly related, just balanced.
If you did total sales by ticket you could exclude or more accurately minus tips and delivery but not if breaking down by payments.

@JTRTech It’s a calculation of Delivery Services Fee. I have copied the configuration from Delivery Package from you guys.
And here is the some configured of Delivery Services Fee by Region

so Could you please show me the report template for this? Thank you