Need "Take Out" printed on kitchen printout for take out orders only

Good Day. The restaurant that I am setting this cash register for has an eat in area with 10 tables and they also provide for take out orders either by phone or walk in. I have set up 2 departments, restaurant and take out. The take out department is set to create ticket. I put a button for a name to keep track of orders to customers.

What I need is the words “Take Out” on the kitchen printout so that the kitchen staff can package the order to go.

I created a print template for this with “take out” on it. Now I can not figure out how to get orders from the take out department to use that template.

If there is a better way or simpler solution would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS Fantastic Program. Excellent job!

My suggestion would be to use ticket tags and print ticket tags at the top of your receipt, instead of a different printer template.

Hey…Thanks very much.Took a bit to figure out the print template stuff but it works great.

Now…is there a way to automatically make that happen so as not to irritate the kitchen staff because the waitress forgot to hit the take out button. Like have all orders from the take out department have this ticket tag.

Thanks again.

Actually, reflecting on how I did it, I did not use ticket tags. Rather, I have one entity screen for the main dining area (table 101, 102, …) and one entity screen for takeouts (takeout 1, takeout 2, …)

When placing orders, a waiter has to select an entity. If it is dine-in, he selects one of the tables. If it is take-out, he goes to the takeout screen and selects one of the takeout entities. By being forced to select either a table or a take-out slot, there is no forgetting.

Thanks Aaron.

That is exactly what I have just done and it works great. Much simpler. I just put a large print “entity name:x” tag on the top of the kitchen printer template and it throws a take out 1 etc on the top of the ticket and no table name. Deleted the take out department.Now it’s less confusing.

Thanks again…now I can deliver this cash register to the restaurant for them to test drive.

1 Like

I just solved this automatically… I do have a lot of takeouts, and sometimes from dine inn tables too, so what I did is two rules, one that when I add a specific product (like PIZZA BAG TO GO) changes a ticket tag to TO GO and one rule that when you enter any product that is NOT a PIZZA BAG TO GO deletes the ticket tag TO GO, so when the ticket is printed in the kitchen the ticket tag indicates wheter its to go or not…

hopefully this will help you to automate the task!!

G.

2 Likes

Perfect…Thanks for the detailed response. Shall try that tomorrow.

I had the same problem creating the take out department, but here is the result.

http://forum.sambapos.com/t/database-with-take-out-department/3599

I know you got it working but just wanted to share my work.