Need to give Sambapos 5 permission to SQL database

When I try to boot up SambaPOS 5, I get the error “CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database ‘master’ (EF code-first)”
But when I right-click SambaPOS5 and run it as administrator, I can open the program just fine. How to I make it so that I don’t have to run SambaPOS 5 as administrator?

edit: this is my database string “Data Source=localhost\Sqlexpress; Database=sqlexpress”

Do I need to put a username/pass or something like that? When I created the SQL server, I selected the Windows Authentication method.

Easiest way is to use mixed authentication. User: sa

Just use search button a lot of tutorial with picture how to setup. Tutorials even have port/firewall setting.

Is this a fresh new copy or an upgraded v4?

It sounds like to me you setup SQL Express wrong and it lacks permission it needs to create the database. Here are a few links to help you.

PS: If you installed SQL Express while logged in as a specific user and are logging in as a different user to install and run SambaPOS5 that is probably your issue. You need to give the second user permission in the database. If that is not the case then please give us more information about your SQL install.

2 Likes