[NEW!] How to use Custom Reports Module 1.0

I have a question. I am attempting to use the Tags system. Am I doing something wrong? But let me show you:
This is with 1 transaction executed no other cash transactions have happened yet.

Here is after multiple transactions:

I know I can use SQL scripts for this… But I thought I would toy with the tags a little.

Do not pay attention to the table titles its not accurate I was copy pasting and testing these tags. Obviously Cash Payments is not an expense :stuck_out_tongue:

Instead of making a new row… its making a new column for each transaction.
Here it is: I had to edit the cell size% to get it to show the 2nd transaction. But as you can see its creating Columns not Rows for each transaction.

Hmm it seems I broke it :smile: Will work fine on next update…

Dear @Emre, I was the whole weekend trying to get someting like this part of the report… without success…

could you help me out??

Thanks!!!

@pizzaeilat4

1 Like

I just found out I can use some other Printer Tags in custom reports… I just tried {DATE} and {TIME} for a Total line of transactions… and it gave me a real time updating date/time with a real time running Total… VERY NICE

I wonder what other tags work :stuck_out_tongue:

@Jesse,
Can you give an example of Line of {ACCOUNT TOTAL:Payment Accounts} to Display a real time updating date/time with a real time running Total?

Here is a report I run for my transactions. Everytime a Transaction occurs it will update the report. The Transactions Total line Date and Time updates with every refresh of report.

Here is a mix of a SQL Report and the {ACCOUNT TOTAL:Payment Accounts} with a running Date\Time

And the Widget:

EDIT: Did a little more formatting for a cleaner look. These are just some test reports. I have not designed my final look yet. I plan to build a Dashboard with Command buttons to choose what reports to view etc.

1 Like

@emre since {DATE} and {TIME} work… is there anyway we could get the ability to format the {TIME} to show HH:MM:SS ? As far as I can tell you cannot format it yet.

Although seconds really does not matter when looking at totals lol. Its just the perfectionist in me wanting it to match the SQL Query above it.

You should be able to use date formatting tags to display hour

Thank you I should have looked little deeper. So if I am reading correctly I should just use {DATE:M/dd/yyyy h:mm:ss tt} vs {DATE} {TIME}

WORKS thank you!

Dear @Emre, I noticed that the custom report tags like {ACCOUNT DEBIT TOTAL:X} do not include TODAY´s transactions… I found that comparing the totals against Accounts, they display perfectly correct any period except TODAY or any that includes TODAY like current Work Period

Thanks!!!

g.

Odd mine updates with every ticket.

Custom report tags regarding ACCOUNTS? I ask because you sayed every ticket… and EXPENSES ussually are not updated by tickets…

I have some accounts like ENERGY, SUPERMARKET that I add transactions byhand (not by ticket), those are the ones that have not the TODAYS transactions…

strange…

G.

Yep. Its updating live with every transaction. I even have the exact tag you mentioned.

This report was built with nothing but those tags. No sql script in this report.

Before closing work period;

After closing and restarting a new work period.

Did few tranactions in new work period:

Got screens of accounts coming; One minute…
EDIT: As you can see it is only displaying work period. And the current days balance is listed.

If your using Balance portion to compare… that will be wrong… it shows a running balance… you have to do the math yourself from Accounts from the Debit Column

So… even I have no CREDIT side on my accounts, only DEBIT

you are saying that {ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:Gastos Transaction:Energia} is not going to show my total??
that is why I see this?

Is that the name of the actual Transaction Type?

yes…

I think I know what the problem is… the problem is I still dont get the accounts system… I will have to review it all over again…

Thanks!!!

G.

You are probably not pulling the right accounts with the syntax.