No internet no samba?

try connecting the server pc to your dlink switch port directly this should let you work even if internet goes down

for more information on setup follow this guide SambaPOS Server, Workstation & RDP Setup Guide

So this is not a SambaPOS issue. Your network is setup wrong if it doesnt work when the internet goes out. Are you talking about the internet or your network? Those are 2 different things. SambaPOS does not require an internet connection to work but your internal network not functioning when your internet goes down is a mistake on your part configuring your network.

More than likely your router is causing the issue.

1 Like

your right it will be probably be the router as some don’t function if there isn’t a functioning internet connection thats why i proposed that he connects the server pc directly to his dlink switch port that should fix his problem

I’VE TRIED CONNECTING ALL MY SERVER PC & TERMINALS BUT STILL CANNOT CONNECT, AS IT SHOWS A YELLOW ! MARK & SAYS NO INTERNET ACCESS.
ALSO IN NETWORK ALL PC ARE NOT VISIBLE ALTHOUGH THEY ARE IN SAME HOMEGROUP.
SAMBA SAYS CANNOT CONNECT TO DATABASE.

WHAT U THINK WHEN WE MANUALLY ASSIGN IP ADDRESS FIREWALL SHOULD BE OFF OR ON?

Yes Kendash, thats what i think too but when i removed the router & just attached all the server & pc still cannot connect. i know my network setup is wrong so can u suggest what will be the best way to connect all pc and server and configure them so this never happens

follow the guide from pdf file in the link below and all your issues should be resolved :wink: and to your question for rdp connections to work your firewall should be off

1 Like

Is he using RDP? I dont think he is. Google Windows Network Setup you can get better idea on how to setup a network there.

1 Like

dont know exactly how to call his conection :sweat_smile:(thats why i said rdp) but what i meant is that if he uses server to connect multiple systems he needs to turn off firewall and all he needs for his setup is explained very wel in the pdf file that is in the link

1 Like

WILL TRY AGAIN AND GET BACK TO YOU GUYS & I’M NOT USING RDP
I’M SIMPLY CONNECTING MY SERVER & TERMINALS VIA ROUTER & SWITCH.
NOW WILL AGAIN CONNECT THE SERVER PC & TERMINALS PC WITH SWITCH ONLY AND ASSIGN MANUAL IP & TURNING FIREWALL OFF.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP HOPE IT GETS SORTED TODAY…

2 Likes

Please try not to write in all caps it typically means your yelling. It doesn’t get any more attention from us other than an annoyed feeling.

2 Likes

oops… my bad … really sorry for that… don’t mind i didn’t noticed. :slight_smile:

It doesn’t really bother me but some people really get caught up with that :stuck_out_tongue: I just want you to get the best help from the forum that you can.

First thing you should do is test connectivity once you hook up your network. Typically you can look at the ip address of each computer to see if they are pulling a valid IP.

2 Likes

I might just add my 2 cents in this long dead post.

I also has problems with my Sambapos Server not working if the server realized the network had no internet, it boggled my mind.

My setup is configured right… Sambapos Server running on a Windows server 2012 PC connected to all other PC’s. I tried everything, it just didn’t make sense.

Then my fix was to unplug the router that didn’t supply internet and left the network as is and after a restart of the Server all was well and all pc’s could see each other again (has restarted many many times before).
Now if this was the fix or one of the other thousand things I tried that was the winner I couldn’t tell you, but it worth a remember.

Some routers are crap and they don’t work well when internet drops.

This specific model ASUS DSL-AC52U

It’s usually the combo modem/routers that do it.

i just scrapped my default router and bought a draytek, saves a lot of hassle

1 Like

@Hive_Lounge This document can help.

https://kb.sambapos.com/en/2-1-6-how-to-run-sambapos-on-multiple-computers

Yesterday we loosed network for few hours , and samba freezes if not used few minutes ? and when try to take orders need to wait 2 minutes giving message of not responsive close or wait . Is this normal behavior suspect that it may check license all time ? what if no internet ? How to fast offline usage .

No that is not normal. Did you lose network or inherent? If you lost network then yes it will cause problems.

Sambapos will work fine offline. But you need to check your setup make sure it’s not impacting your local network when internet goes down.