Not remove Inventory for certain Ticket Type

I’m just wondering if it is possible to not remove inventory for a certain ticket type.

I issue quotes to customers and I obviously don’t want this to reduce my inventory.

Short answer: Almost anything is possible with SambaPOS!

But how exactly you issue quotes? The more details we get the better we can help your setup.

This seems to do the trick. I execute it with the automation to change the ticket type. and then reverse it if it is switched back to a normal sale.

1 Like

Why not just VOID all items after the quote if the client is not buying?

Because if they return to purchase items then the items cannot be un-voided

Okay, makes sense, you save your quotes to later transform them into sales.

Then sure, I believe the update order works.

I have just noticed that when I set the orders to not reduce inventory they are being struck out.
When I convert back to a sale and set order to reduce inventory the strikes turn white and are gone the next time I open the ticket.

What is causing the items to have the strike, It looks like the items are voided.

I never noticed this when I first configured it, but I may have only been focusing on the inventory and overlooked this.

The strikes do indicate a Voided item. Post a screenshot to be sure - you would see the VOID State under the Order.

Setting Update Order to Decrease Inventory = False might make orders display this way as well, but generally the strike is just hard-coded for GStatus=Void AFAIK…

I could be wrong though, since ODI=False maybe can cause this?

Is it causing some issue for you? Or is it simply a visual thing that you don’t like?

Its a visual thing. Everything looks voided even though its not. It can be confusing for employees.
This item looks voided but the total is still calculating.

Capture

When the sale is converted back and items set to decrease inventory the strike goes white and disappears after saving the ticket.

ODI has nothing to do with state display format.

It obviously does though. That order clearly has Status State = New, and GStatus is not set at all (neither Gift nor Void).

Yet the item is struck out, which is proof that Decrease Inventory = False will cause it to be displayed as though it were a Void when it is not. The strikeout is clearly a hard-coded format of ODI=False and has noting to do with States at all.

Strike through is state formatting though isn’t its use its not that the formatting has been changed?

Although saying that I think strike through was an issue on my ‘keep table open’ setup for table reservations.

By default these are Order States …

• GStatus
    • Gift
    • Void
  • Status
    • New
    • Submitted

None of them have a defined State Display Format.

Classically…

• Status=New is WHITE
  • Status=Submitted is Grey and Italic
  • GStatus=Gift is BLUE
  • GStatus=Void is RED and is struck out

Those formatting changes must be hard-coded, since we have no State Display Format defined.

His Order, which was updated with Decrease Inventory=False has Status=New and GStatus=<nothing> (not VOID).

The Order is NOT Voided. So where is the strike coming from?

If the strike was a property of the GStatus State (Void), then it should not be struck out, because the Order is NOT Voided. So the strike must be a hard-coded format for ODI=False.

That said, you might be able to override the strike by setting Order State Display Formats for New and possibly Submitted as well.

Yes, I remember that. How did you overcome it?

Think it was invisae colour and size 1.
It was for a hidden order with 1p value in order to keep the ticket open.
Think I did the same for the hold ticket/switch user ‘cancel’ for submitted orders to emulate cancel by hiding the order.

I have tried this but it seems to do nothing.

Its becoming a bit of an issue at the moment. Is there any other “workaround” to fix this?

I don’t know what I did mine is not strike out when void anymore. It doesn’t really bother me and I have no inventory so, never find out why.

@Emre is there a fix for this?

I think it officially no more update for V5. I think emre prob. disable notifications, he never response for months. So, tag him not gonna a thing.

As I told you there is a way because mine doesn’t strike out when void anymore. I think maybe you need another order state to update color or font after the set decrease to false. I mean really update color not just state update, so you need to set state color or use display format.

1 Like

You can maybe do it do it my bypassing the {0} by making it size 1 and invisable and maybe using {NAME} or some other tag in custom format.

1 Like