Number of Digits in "Asked Discounts"

Dear All,
I imported pre-built solution for “Any Item - Ask fixed amount discount”. Its working perfectly but am able to give discounts in only 2 digits amount (eg. $99.00) but not more (eg $100.00)

My question is which aspect of the configuration process handles the number of digits that can be given as discount.

Thanks to all

Look at the specific rule and expand the action within that rule. There is probably some formatting you need to change in the action that at the moment only allows 2 decimal places that you need to change to 3

If you copy and paste that format from the action well be able to see it and amend it for you

I looked up that Tutorial (you should have linked it here to be sure we are talking about the same one), and I cannot see any reason for it being limited to a certain number of digits.

You will need to post screenshots of you setup, such as:

Order Tags
Ask Question - need to see the buttons configuration.
The Rule that contains the Action that applies the discount.

Hello All,
Thanks very much for your responses. Actually the settings were downloaded and uploaded and i dont understand the configurations also. So I paste all the configurations from Order Tags, Actions, Rules and Commands so you can help me identify where to alter to solve my situation

ORDER TAGS

1. General Settings

2 Display Settings

3 Order Tag List

ACTIONS

RULES

COMMANDS

Unfortunately that doesnt help us solve your problem. We also need to see the actions expanded inside the rules. If there is a mask preventing specific input then it would be inside the actions within the rules.

For example instead of this:

Show something like this:

See how I expanded the action so we can see the variables?

Thanks Kendash,

I guess it might be this area. [?Enter Discount; \d{1}.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|0;;ON]

Thank you

Yes that would be it. Those are regex masks which restrict input based on the mask structured. As you can see its restricting it to either 1 digit or 2 digits allowed…

You would need to edit that mask and allow more digits. That looks like its the custom Percent discount setup though?

Hahaha,

You sounding to technical Kendash. I am not a programmer and dont understand the codes “[?Enter Discount; \d{1}.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|0;;ON]”

I guess i need to alter \d{1}.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|0;;ON but I dont understand them. Please help me

Thanks to all for your support

More specifically you need to alter \d{1}.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|0 only.

The ::ON at end is telling it to display a Numberpad instead of a full keyboard.

I can but first can you tell me if that is the Percent discount tutorial? If it is not then I dont understand how that mask got put in there surely @QMcKay would not have masked that for a non % discount.

Lets break down the mask. \d{1}.\d{2} this means its allowing 1 digit before the . and 2 digits after the .

The | tells it to ALSO allow another mask so that means \d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2} mask is also allowed. So lets break down that mask.

\d{1} means it allows 1 digit input. So if you see \d{1}\d{1}?. that means its allowing 1 digit and an optional second digit before the . So the full mask of \d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2} means 1 digit entry and optional second digit entry before the . and 2 digit entry after the . is allowed.

the ? marks it as optional. So \d{1}\d{1}? allows input in 2 ways for example we will use just the digit 1. That mask allows the inputs of 1 or 11 or for practical terms it allows you to enter a single digit like 1 or 2 or 3 etc. It also allows you to enter two digits like 12 or 13 or 25 etc. The second digit is optional because it was marked like \d{1}?

@kendash,

I downloaded and uploaded the pre-built tools. But for the discount type, its an amount type.

Thanks

So explain to me what amounts you want to allow entry?

Example in thousands $1,000.00 but if possible i wish no limit is defined

Thanks

You could just delete the mask entirely but that would allow anything to be entered even 1030230.3223523

Hi,
When i delete the mask entirely, the field accepts only zero (Zero).
When i empty the command field the "custom discount " button is inactive
So I altered the entry to this “[?Enter Discount; \d{1}.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|0;;ON]”

These are the outcome

1. am now able to enter 6 characters inclusive of the dot(.)
  2. entry of 2 digits followed by press of the enter key is not accepted
  3. the dot(.) has to be manually entered

It seems to me from your explanation that i have to create options for each set of digits i want to enter.

examples
for one digit - \d{1}.\d{2}
for two digits - |\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}
for three digits-|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}

and each separated by |

I wanted to do away with the masking so i tried the following
“[?Enter Discount; 0;;ON]” - it resulted 0 in the amount field which couldn’t be altered
“[?Enter Discount; ON]” - to only have the keypad but the keypad appears with ''ON" which cant be altered

What command would bring out the keypad without any mask or restriction as to the value to enter

Thanks

[?Enter Discount;;;ONC]

No mask, Ok button, Numeric keypad, Cancel Buttton

This is the syntax:

[?prompt;inputmask;defaultvalue;keyboard]

2 Likes

Thanks to you all.

I entered [?Enter Discount;;;ONC] into the command value field. Now the discount value field accepts any amount without restriction.

Thanks to all again for your good work and support

1 Like