Odd result from script to calculate days sales

No doubt, but if that is possible why wouldn’t one integrate for eCommerce also, RichH for one has clearly shown Samba is more than capable as being made to work in retail also.

Either way, exciting future for Samba :smile:

1 Like

HEHE sorry ill admit I just baited that response from you :stuck_out_tongue: sorry sorry sorry my sick humor.

I tried not to bite, hence why I kept it short and sweet :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

On the script from though as Q suggested/mentioned my next project, well not next but soon will be some printer template fun.
Looking at the table I think I will be able to create the compound templates I was asking about using script to call template parts from the database, quite excited on that one (bit sad I know)

Bit that makes me laugh is I have spent a couple of weeks on these PMS script and have literally only made 4-5 actions/rules and a dozen testing tickets LOL
Have almost forgotten what the rule screen and POS looks like Hehehe

Funny you mention that. You should really experiment with Custom Tasks expecially with your new skills.

I have already been using that type of template building for a while now.

1 Like

We know where SambaPOS project directed to. We solved hardest issues such as JScript support, integrating it with SambaPOS, etc… Now we need more helpers and features to improve that. In previous months I slowed down development a little bit read +10 books about new software development stuff. My main purpose was learning new stuff about new JS frameworks, node.js, angular, etc.etc… Not really related much with SambaPOS but before investing on a single integration idea I wanted to know all possibilities. Device + JScript integration seems like the best solution for now but there are different ways to do that. I’ll evaluate SambaPOS, needs, our current community power to implement new stuff and consider one of them soon.

3 Likes

Its on my list, TBH have been concentrating on these scripts so hard havent been out other than New Years, tell you one thing hen this system is installed im going on a massive bender LOL

Havn’t even had a go at the ticket lister setup which I am quite looking forward to also.

I did kinda skip over your discussions on custom tasks… thats not configeration tasks right?

It is configuration Tasks. Sorry I meant to say Custom Configuration Tasks. The other thing your referring too is Task Editor.

1 Like

Im not sure if I understand well enough to see the value outside of setup/system building but like I said haven’t had much time to spare for tinkering with them.

Still got allot to do for this system and install date is 27th :fearful:

Ticket logs too ive not had chance to look into, do plan to put those into this system if get time, if not will be a later date.

I try not to mention it much but it does drag me down pretty hard sometimes so I mention it briefly so people don’t think I’m losing interest. I don’t think its possible for me to lose interest in this project.

3 Likes

Just whipped up a nice addition to my ever growing script :smile:
After tackling gift states and accounting for gift and void where table still shows full value ran in to another snag with non included in price order tags…
As included adds to order price they had no effect but in testing noticed an imbalance and after some tinkering found non included order tags with a value to be the culprit.
Any, verdict/solution was to add the order tags JSON for the order in the loop and create a quick JSON tool script to calculate any additional charge from order tags.
The main script feeds the JSON value from the OrderTags column into this;

function orderTagValue(inputTagArray) {
	var orderTagValue			= 0;
	var tagArray				= JSON.parse(inputTagArray);
	var tagArrayLength			= tagArray.length;
	for(var i = 0; i<tagArrayLength;i++)
		{
		var loopTagPriceIncluded	= tagArray[i].AP;
		if (!loopTagPriceIncluded)
			{
			var loopTagPrice	= tagArray[i].PR;
			var loopTagQuantity	= tagArray[i].Q;
			var loopTagTotalPrice   = loopTagPrice * loopTagQuantity;
			orderTagValue		+= loopTagTotalPrice;
			}
		}
	return orderTagValue
}

Based on "AP":true meaning value is added to the order these tags are skipped and the others added together to return the value of any non price included tags. :smile:

EDIT: ok so ignore the comment on tag prices, tags need to be calculated regardless…