Order Quantity Changed or Order Changed event

I would like an Order Quantity Changed event to intercept clicking of the + and - buttons, where you can access the changes and old values before the change.
Alternatively, an Order Changed event where you can intercept any changes to the order.

I’ve already run into several things that couldn’t be done because it’s impossible to intercept the clicking of these buttons in a meaningful way. The Ticket Total Changed event will intercept the clicking of these buttons, but doesn’t give access to the current order.

Even if they could be removed (and built again with automation command buttons), it would still not be possible to do much with that in terms of intercepting the order change (you wouldn’t have access to the order details either in an automation command executed event).

Can you give an example of use? What are you wanting to do when Quantity goes up or down?

Right now I’m trying to put the discount given to individual orders in a program setting.

I need to intercept any changes to the order and add/remove/change the program setting accordingly, but I cannot intercept the change when the + or - buttons are clicked.

I think there is an easier solution for including them in accounting let me build it im working on it now.

1 Like

Ok its actually very simple…

1. Create a Create Account Transaction Action
    A. Account Transaction Type Name= Discount Transaction.
    B. For amount use variable [:Amount]

Put this action inside Payment processed rule or Before ticket closing rule where remaining amount = 0 For amount put {ORDER TAG TOTAL:Discount}

Create Account Transaction is useful for creating transactions inside a ticket which is what we want.

2 Likes

Aaaaaargh! Of course, that’s what I wanted to do from the beginning, but I was using {ORDER TAG TOTAL:D1}, and that was empty all the time…
Stupid me!

Yea D1 was not the order tag it was the Order Tag Discount’s Value :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again @kendash, you saved me a lot of (wasted) time. :smile:

This is how it works for specific values.

{ORDER TAG TOTAL:Discount=D1}
2 Likes

I would still like to 2nd this request. The +/- buttons are a bit of a strange anomaly that are difficult to capture with any meaningful data.

@QMcKay I intentionally does not allow handling that because you’ll probably need that to calculate something and it should be handled without making calculations on the fly. If you tell me details of the case I’ll try to find a solution without capturing it.

1 Like

The issue I continue to have is with my Pole Display not properly updating the Ticket Total when +/- is clicked on an Order line.

Add Item:

1 Tea        : 40.00
        Total: 40.00

Add another Item:

1 Water Large: 50.00
        Total: 90.00

(only the last 2 lines remain on the 2-line display)

Select first Item and click +

2 Tea        : 80.00
        Total: 80.00

Above shows the issue: the Order Total is correct, but the Ticket Total is not correct, it should be 130.00

Add another item:

1 Hot Chocola: 60.00
       Total: 190.00

Order Total and Ticket Total are now correct (only the last 2 lines remain on the 2-line display).

Use NumPad to add 3 more Items:

3 Water Small: 90.00
       Total: 280.00

Order Total and Ticket Total are correct (only the last 2 lines remain on the 2-line display).

Here is my current Set up:

Template:

[LAYOUT]
{ORDERS}
<R>Total: {TICKET TOTAL}
[ORDERS]
<J>{QUANTITY} {NAME} |:| {TOTAL AMOUNT}

Hmm… Updating total issue was solved with Ticket Total Changed event but I’m not sure about updating order price. As pole display generally displays last two (four) lines of the printer template that might be tricky. It should be solved by sorting orders by last update time…

In your template you are not using {PRICE} and using one of the price total tags right?

Edit: Sorry I’ve got it .this is something different…

The Order Total is updating properly, but the Ticket Total is not. I posted my Template, Job, Rule and Action above. Please let me know if I’m missing something.

I have a 2-line x 20 character Pole Display on COM2 (emulated USB).

On Execute Pole Items action enable Ignore Selected Orders setting.

For next version I’ve added ordering items by Last Update Time so last modified item will appear at the bottom of the list.

1 Like

Wow, that was easy. Problem solved!

Add Item:

Total: 40.00

Add another Item:

Total: 90.00

(only the last 2 lines remain on the 2-line display)

Select first Item and click +

Total: 130.00

Ticket Total is correct, but since only last 2 lines remain on the display, the wrong product is shown (should be Tea, not Water), but with the upcoming feature addition, that too can be solved.

Thanks much @emre!

Uh-oh @emre, found another issue related to Cancel button…

Add some Items:

Select first Item (Tea) and click Cancel:

ISSUE: Nothing happens on the Pole Display. The Ticket looks like this:

That’s right @pipo, this thread has been hijacked! Sorry for that…

OK. I’ve solved cancel order issue. That should work fine on next update.

1 Like

Now I remembered Order Canceled event can be used to specifically design a banner for canceled orders… but not required anymore :slight_smile:

Edit… Hmm… while thinking about it that specific banner will not appear as ticket total changed event will work after that. @QMcKay Should we trigger that when orders canceled?

1 Like