Order Tags Refresher

Forgive me im a little rusty and haven’t been on here in a while and have searched but cant find what im looking for so i figured id ask… so here goes…

Is it possible to hide all other order tags in the order tag group if a specific order tag is selected in that group?

Example: Burger comes with lett tom mayo… they can choose many combinations, extra onions, lite mayo, add pickles, etc… If they want ONLY TOM or whatever i want everything else to disapear if its possible.

Can you perhaps elaborate?
Do you mean the let, tom, mayo are peselected and you want only tom to unselect the others?

I guess that could also be a example… maybe this will explain better…

Ideally if you select ALL THE WAY that means that it comes with everything and nothing else needs to be able to be added or changed. If they select ONLY Onions say then the same thing thats all that should be able to be selected and nothing else… Everything else is free game and the many different combinations that there are, extra, lite, no… Hope that explains it a little better.

Hmm thats a good question. Let me look at it and we can see what is possible.

@antasp3136 I think what you are looking for is Category Tags but let me create an example.

EDIT: I take that back maybe we need to use filters.

Yea ive been playing with the filters cause thats what I thought it was but I cant get it to act the way I would like. Not a big deal if it cant but was just curious cause I thought it was possible.

Ok so to truly do what you want and make it not allow you to select another prefix order tag after Only is selected for example… will require some complex automation.

I think you should probably just use the filters to deter most chances of that and combine some training to make sure they dont select the others if they already have Only or All The Way selected .

Basically you would have to build some automation that is using the Order Tagged event and some constraints to make it check if specific order tags are used and then remove the tag automatically if its not allowed. This can over complicate just a simple menu and lead to future frustration I would caution against it.

Most places just train their staff not to select other tags if All THe way or ONly is selected. But Filters is a good way to minimize the chance since it hides other options at first.

I will experiment with the automation and see if it even could be a reliable alternative.

EDIT: Ok I do not think this will be worth trying with automation. It is way over complicated for simple menu function.

Yea thats fine. I figured as much. Ill just tell them they need to be careful with what they choose. Wonder if a new filter can be created that says if this Prefix is selected hide all other prefixes… so a prefix filter for prefixes… That would be cool!

I looked and unfortunately that is not possible atm. But I will note this and we can discuss it further. Maybe if we can agree on something I will put it on the Redmine.

1 Like