Post Ticket Close Tagging Options

Thanks kendash and Emre for your quick response.

Yes, after the payment (Ticket close), Order will be sent to Kitchen screen and display all the paid tickets (this step i manage to make it work). In theory, once an order is ready, they will select the ticket(s) in the Ticket Lister and press the Order Ready button (a Command button). Order will change status to Order Ready. I am planning to have another small screen (may be a 7"/8" tablet will do) at the Serve Counter facing customer to display the ticket number or queue number (yet to try, still in my mind) for the Order Ready ticket. This screen will have a bar-code reader connected at the serve counter. Customer pass the queue number ticket with bar-code printed (given out together with the receipt earlier) to my staff to exchange for their food. My staff will collect and scan the bar-code printed ticket to change the ticket status from Order Ready to Served and close the ticket. I am not sure if the final automated process for the bar-code scanning and update status is possible to be implemented in SambaPOS, Do you have any insight on this?

If this is not possible then my staff will need to select the ticket in the Ticket Lister and click a Order Served button to complete the process. But this way they will have one more task to do and i will need to prepare another setup with similar queue number screen facing my staff at the serve counter.

I am currently using http://sambapos.org/wiki/doku.php/en/custom_package_delivery_system as the guide for manipulating the ticket status, but i am stuck after the Kitchen screen display the paid tickets. All the Actions/Rules/Commands created after this do not work (no response on the kitchen display screen command button).

This morning, I found this thread discussing about the close ticket then i suspect my issue may be due to the close ticket. Hopefully i can find the answer here, my business is starting mid of next month :smiley:

Many Thanks.

Its certainly possible. I currently use a bar-code system for pulling up tickets on my system. Bar-code scanners will input a bar-code as simple text. So look through the various options for entering Text and rules that can interact with it, you might find something you like. Look at Task Type in Settings and Task Type Editor widget in Custom Screen Design Modeā€¦ You can assign commands to be executed using the text input as a command value through a Task Type editor widget.

Iā€™ve posted tutorial here. As Iā€™ve said before might not be exact answer but it will give an idea about how you can solve it. Not the only solution but might be useful.

Hi Erme,

Many many thanks for the tutorial, you have save my days.

After spending a day to go through the tutorial and did some hand on testing, I have better understanding with the Action/Rule/Command now. I finally manage to configure the SambaPOS to suite my business process need. The steps in between are not straight forward though but is still manageable with introducing new ticket status to control the flow.

One thing I have noticed here in SambaPOS Rule is there is a limitation in the Custom Constraint List to add more complex constraint rules. So I was only able to add in one additional state in between Paid and Close, if I further update the ticket state again (say Paid --> Ready --> Served), my custom constraints in Ticket Payment Check rule will not work and the rule will always step in and update my Ticket State back to Paid. But I manage to introduce a workaround by moving the Ticket State just one step (Paid --> Ready) and at the same time introduce new Ticket Status (Serve Status from Ready To Serve --> Served) to continue my workflow. Kitchen Display will display ticket from Ticket Status with Paid state and Serve Counter Display will display ticket from Server Status with Ready To Serve state.

Again thanks, I might need to spend another week or more without this tutorial. SambaPOS is really a great software, thanks for creating this wonderful software.

I can proceed to do the printing templates and the barcode scanning now. Thanks Kendash for the tips on bar-code scanning, I think I will do my research on this first before asking more questions.

Thanks everyone. :wink:

@eddie Tickets can have multiple states so you can create an additional workflow for tracking serving status. For example Status can be Paid, Unpaid, Closed and ServiceStatus can be Not Served or Served.

For example you can create a rule for Ticket State Changed event and when ServiceStatus becomes Served you can execute Close Paid Ticket action to close ticket.

You can think it like a TV. It also have multiple states.

Power state can be on, off or standby.
Channel state can be something between 1 to 200.
Volume state can be muted, low, mid, high.

Youā€™ll notice these states have some constraints. For example TV canā€™t be on and off at the same time. You canā€™t switch power to stand by state from off state, etcā€¦

These states works individually but they can interact. For example some TVā€™s are intelligent to adjust sound level automatically. So -in SambaPOS terms- when Channel State Changes, Adjust Sound Volume action executes.

Thinking about how we use devices is a nice way to understand it because this is something we already know and use everyday.

Thanks Erme for the additional note. This make more sense to me now, I know I am in the right direction now. Thanks :wink: