Pre prepped products

Ok here is an idea. I am thinking what if we had premade tickets which behave like @emre said above in regards to inventory. Automate a system for needs so it creates these tickets automatically each day and lists them on a Ticket Lister widget. When you press Order Ready button it consumes ingredients for final product and then puts final product into Restaurant Warehouse inventory.

It would be like a scheduled production chart for each day. Now what if we need to change the process and alter the production schedule? Well we could automate a way to enter changes and it will automatically adjust the tickets created according to production needs.

I think most of this can be automated now but we may need some help from @emre with a few things.

@Jesse what requested here is basically reporting / disallowing products from selling when semi-produced products, related ingredients or raw materials depletes. That comes to a point I never designed inventory system for. We basically focused on cost tracking and inventory level correction based system. We assume computed inventory will never exactly match to physical inventory. That’s why order tag based cost calculation is something I’ll work for but this is something different. That much more like catering type business. A regular restaurant never runs out of food. If -in a rare case- x meat finishes they use y meat or serve stuff without ketchup for example.

Portion based tracking might be a better fit for that.

Your right I’m thinking more linear I should look at what’s really the problem.