Price Definition on Ticket Template

Arrh don’t worry about it, it is Sunday (Sunday night for me) and we are all allowed to get a little freaky haha…

1 Like

@emre did you see this topic?

We were looking for a way to show price list savings and potentially other things like showing locals discount price before swiping members card.

3 Likes

Yes I saw but quickly ignored it because I couldn’t understand the context. :slight_smile: I just read that 2 more times and I guess you need a way to calculate ticket totals against different price lists.

Generally before implementing features I setup something similar to what requested and work on it to understand if what I’ve added works fine and if something additional might be needed. If I can’t get the context I generally ask but in some cases I have too little time to read all unread stuff. I’m sorry for that. If you can give more details about the requested workflow I can implement that on my side and see what is needed there.

1 Like

Main tings for my intended use were;

A way to calculate ticket total given a price list, something like {TICKET TOTAL:<Price List>}
So we can show for example the savings on the receipt template with something like;
[={TICKET TOTAL:Normal}-{TICKET TOTAL:{ENTITY DATA:Customers:Price List}}]

I would also like to use it to have a ticket shell title for ‘Locals Price’ as it would vastly increase the productivity as there is a lot of back and forth with getting the customers member card, back to till swipping and then back to customer again, but in most cases where you know the customer at least then they can see the correct discounted price for the round before getting the customer rfid.

Q also showed interest in having a {PRICE:X} tag so we could easilly call a products price from a specific price list.

1 Like

Well I will put my hand up and suggest it should work for Price Definitions by default as well. @JTRTech you are stipulating a Custom Data Field right? No problems but I would also like the {PRICE TAG:x} functionality included for Price Definitions given it is part of the Samba core.

Ticket Template:

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}

New Price Definition Template somehow incorporates {PRICE TAG:x} i.e. {PRICE TAG:Take Away} | {PRICE TAG:Member} | {PRICE TAG:VIP 1}

This is the “pure” method of supporting pricing levels instead of Custom Data Fields for VIP & Happy Hour.

1 Like

Yer, it was just C&P from my discussion with Q.

Basically it would be something like [={TICKET TOTAL:Normal}-{TICKET TOTAL:Locals}] onces populated. Which would give a positive value for the price difference (saving) on the locals price list vs normal.

1 Like

Yes! That would save the need to use REPORT SQL DETAILS in this thread:

4 Likes

{PRICE:X} added.
{TICKET PLAIN SUM:X} added. You can also use it as {TICKET PLAIN SUM:} for always displaying sub totals.

4 Likes

Am I wrong to say that [quote=“emre, post:15, topic:10892”]
{TICKET PLAIN SUM:X}
[/quote]

Is not correct and it would be {PLAIN TOTAL:X}?

It has been a while since requested but am making some adjustments and cant figure out the correct tags.

I cant seem to specify the total based on normal price list in order to calculat savings and switch to a calculation siscount rather than a price change method.

Tried {PLAIN TOTAL:Normal} but interestingly this or in fact anything ie {PLAIN TOTAL:lajdfgliujsf} reports order tag totals lol. If you see the burger example belwo it shows £1 which is the order tag price.
Either way {PLAIN TOTAL:Normal} reports 0.
{PLAIN TOTAL:} shows expression - not a value/number

So the question seems to be @emre is how can this be used to report ‘Normal’ price list/tag total if the orders/some orders are set to non normal price tag?
This expression will report specific price tag totals but cant see how to total normal price.

Hmm What does it look like?

Edit. OK. Saw it. Can you try this? {PLAIN TOTAL: }

This is because it reports Price Tag Price + Order Tag Total. As lajdfgliujsf price resolves to 0 it only shows Order Tag Total.

1 Like

{PLAIN TOTAL: } is reporting the total taking in to account the set price list/tag;

Need to be able to get what ticket total would be on normal price list/tag in the same way {PLAIN TOTAL:REG} would report what the price would have been given locals discount price list on a ticket where it was full price (normal price list)

I guess I could shift all prices into a specific price list 'NORM and make that the default allowing me to specify {P{LAIN TOTAL:NORM} and {PLAIN TOTAL:REG} but I would have thought we should be able to specify the ‘Normal’ price list in the same way as custom price lists.

1 Like

OK I found the issue. {PLAIN TOTAL: } will work with default menu item price on next update.

1 Like

Do you have an eta for next update release?

@emre think I need to approach this a different direction.
The {PLAIN TOTAL: } would solve visual printing side for customer however the plan with the loyalty discount is to do price list based for drinks (wet) but a higher % on food (dry).
Although customer displaying savings or potential savings will work fine as a total value however for creating/updating the calculations (as plan to move from just updating prices to a ticket level discount as this will allow coding to a specific category/account on PMS intergration)

In short I need to be able to calculate the different between normal price and REG price on selected/wet orders only…
This would be aproached using a report order total expression however I dont think this would have the ability to do so using price lists?
Is there anyway to incorperate a similar method of specify price list definition (including normal) as part of a report order total report expression?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I need to report order total given price list using a product tag/order state as an expression.
Progucts are generally grouped using NewBook GLA product tag either 2101 and 3101 (wet and dry split when posting to hotel PMS).
These are available as product tag and also as order state via an order added rule where they are applied as a state.

I need to do this in order to calculate a discount using second price list as for drinks we want to set the members price individually rather than as a % which will be the case on food. Also staff drinks and food will be % which is easier but the main thing is the loyalty drinks discount calculation as said we want granular discount amount using price list.

Need an expression something like;
[=TN('{TICKET ORDER TOTAL EXP:(OS.NewBook GLA=2101)::Normal}')-TN('{TICKET ORDER TOTAL EXP:(OS.NewBook GLA=2101)::REG})]
Where first one is total for 2101 GLA (wet) products with normal price list and second is same but for REG price list.
This would need to go in a ticket total changed action given constraints of loyalty customer entity selected to update the calculation as orders are added.

Last resort I could maybe use more states like PriceTagNormal=NormalPrice=xxx and PriceTagREG=RegPrice=xxx where that is State=StateName=StateValue and use {TICKET ORDER STATE VALUE TOTAL EXP: but not sure how this could be used to get the totals of specific state values given condition of another state being set…

So some tinkering and worked out how to use {TICKET ORDER STATE VALUE TOTAL EXP:}.
For refernce you just put the state name as the expression;
In this case
{TICKET ORDER STATE VALUE TOTAL EXP:NormalPriceList}
However cant work out how to specify included orders…
Have tried;
{TICKET ORDER STATE VALUE TOTAL EXP:NormalPriceList && (OS.NewBook GLA=2101)}
{TICKET ORDER STATE VALUE TOTAL EXP:NormalPriceList:(OS.NewBook GLA=2101)}

Cant find any real life mention of this expression outside of emres posts when added…

Anyone used or have any ideas?

I guess the solution will have to be specific states maybe using the price definition as state type, GLA account code as the state name and price as value which would allow the desired result… Will try tomorrow.

@emre think I have found my best solution but still an issue.
Were you expecting {PLAIN TOTAL:x} to return the normal price on orders where there was no price defined for x price list?
I think I am not suddenly getting close to a solution …if I remove the prefered restrictions of specifying a product tag or state when calculating the discount (ie if a price in price list for loyalty drinks was put for a food item causing double calculation as wanted to restrict the calculation to wet item tag orders)
By more simple calculating the difference using PLAIN TOTAL and PLAIN TOTAL:REG and discounting the difference.
The issue comes with that then is that {PLAIN TOTAL:REG} returns 0 for products without a price defined for that price list.
I was expecting and hoping that similarly to how it does on change price list and update price tag that if no price is set it returns the ‘Normal’ price.
I can combat this by setting the same price in normal for all the non discounted items however this is less than desiable as 90% more prices to manage.
I can settle for this obviously if need to but personally would expect it to resort to normal price is no price in the defined price list as this is the behavior everywhere else when dealing with price lists.

Ideally what I need is a {TICKET ORDER DETAILS:x} report expression with ability to return order price from a price list in order to prevent orders being included in multiple offers/discount calculations.

Something like;

{TICKET ORDER DETAILS:O.TotalPrice.PriceList:(OS.NewBook GLA=2101) && (OS.Offer=Loyalty)}

This specifies GLA to ‘wet’ as discounts will be coded to PMS in wet/dry split, OS.Offer to prevent inclusion in multiple offers/discounts.