Print Order Tag with another Printer

EDIT: Just bought V5 License, is there a way to do this with V5?
I saw this post, but I cant figure out how to do this yet:

Hi @emre @Jesse, first of all I must say Samba its awesome! thanks and congratulations for this wonderful software!

I have a little problem:

I have a Combo product named Fingers, which includes mozzarella sticks and a beverage.

I configured an Order Tag to force the user to select the beverage after select Fingers product, and of course, to decrease the beverage from the inventory.

Everything works well, the only problem I have its that I dont know how to print the Fingers product in the Kitchen printer and print the selected beverage in the Bar printer. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Aaron Rodriguez

Some Screenshots:

First I have my Fingers Product

Then I selected Fingers and Samba forced me to select a beverage (Juguito Plátano)

And Last, as expected, the order is printed in Kitchen printer:

How to send the beverage (Juguito Plátano) to another printer? in this case to the Bar printer instead of Kitchen Printer.

OK. Let’s solve it. First of all how do you differentiate bar and kitchen items? I mean how did you configured to send bar items to bar printer?

Thanks for your reply Emre, I followed the Tutorial you posted here:

so I mapped the “Print Orders to Kitchen Printer” Job to the Bar Printer and Bar Orders Template, only for “Bebidas” and “Cerveza” Product Groups (Beverages), just like the screenshot:

So the simplest solution will be sending menus to bar too if they always contains a drink.

PS: It will be better to send menu drinks with menu order to bar as Order’s Quantity info stored in order line.

I dont understand very well what you mean with: “as Order’s Quantity info stored in order line.”

What I understand its that I have to map Fingers product to bar printer, the bartender receives the order, he put the drinks and then he brings the order to the kitchen. something like the next screenshot??

OK. I thought you’re trying to print only order tag line (Jugoito…) without menu line (Fingers). I tried to say it will be better to print also Fingers line as Quantity shown there.

Your solution sounds fine. Alternatively you can setup SambaPOS to print menu products from both bar and kitchen printers. If you want you can try this.

1. Display Print Jobs from > Management > Printing > Print Jobs.
  2. Right click on Print Orders to Kitchen Printer and click Clone Print Job.
  3. Name new Print Job as Print Orders to Bar Printer.

Now you have two print jobs. One for Kitchen items and one for Bar Items.

1. Display Actions from > Management > Automation > Actions.
  2. Right click on Execute Kitchen orders Print Job and click Clone Action.
  3. Name it as Execute Bar orders Print Job.
  4. Set Print Job name as Print Orders to Bar Printer.

You have two actions.

Now edit Ticket Closing Rule and add Execute Bar Orders Print Job action just after Kitchen print.

This setup will allow you to have better control on printing. Finally setup print jobs as follows.

1. Remove Bar Printer mapping lines form “Kitchen” Printer Job and add them to “Bar” Printer Job.
  2. On kitchen printer job Add individual mapping line for all kitchen product groups and remove generic (*) mapping.
  3. Include Menu product mappings in both print jobs so these products will print from both kitchen printer and bar printer.

Let me know if you need something different.

1 Like

It works like a charm Emre, Thank you very much! Now the entire product prints on both, bar and kitchen printers, so the bartender must ignore the kitchen line, and the cheff must ignore the bar line:

1 Like