Print TICKET TYPE

Is it possible to print the {TICKET TYPE} on Reciept template?
It would reduce the number of printer template, print jobs etc. I have ticket type and id at top of every reciept eg. Reciept #12 , Refund #41 etc. At the minute I have individual template for each (which makes updating a pain, plus more chance of errors)

Its not on the list of tags that I can see.

Easy solution for now… how are you setting the ticket type, change ticket properties action?
You could add an action to set a ticket state or tag representing the ticket type and put that into your template…

Yes thats what I was planning on doing if it wasn’t possible. Thanks

I wouldn’t use ticket type for defining templates like that, seems overkill if all your wanting is a dynamic template title. Ticket tags and states, are easy to work with keep track of.

I use the different ticket types in lots of my rules reports etc so for me it was the best way to go.
I was just hoping there was a simple tag to show the ticket type. The less rules/actions I have, the lower the chance of something going wrong.

1 Like

Thats fair enough.
You only mentioned refund and ticket template so though you were only looking to have say REFUND on top of the ticket.
Without ticket type tag.
You have tried {TICKET TYPE} Have you tried {TICKET TYPE NAME} just encase.

Without a tag you best option is to have an update ticket tag or state next to any action which is changing the ticket type and use that in your template.
That’s more rules but if only ticket type title is different on prints is easier than having multiple templates to update every time you change a template.

@emre maybe this could be something you could slip in if we don’t have access to a ticket type tag.

1 Like

Yes I tried those.
Looks like it will have to be a Ticket tag. I was hoping not to have to add any more ticket tags, its getting crowded. Is it possible to maybe hide certain ticket tags?

Ticket tags are visible, that’s kind of the point, use ticket states if if doesn’t need to be visible.
You can have as many states as you want just keep the state clear of existing state groups like status which defines allot of the default settings.
A state will only be visable to admin users unless defined in the states section and marked as show on ticket. Something like this which is only for reference/ticket template title you wouldnt even need to define in the states section just set it with the action and read in the template.

I’ll add {TICKET TYPE} for next update (.55)

4 Likes