Printer problem. Unsure how to fix

I keep getting this randomly.

1 minute it’ll work then it won’t then it will again. It’s not even consistently not working just when it feels like it.

Anyone know why?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/286126

That is for Ms access and I don’t think it’s related. Show your template and printer setup.

Is it a network printer or usb? Is it shared?

usb printer

single terminal

{ORDERS}
[ORDERS]
<L00>{NAME} {NOTE}
{ORDER TAGS}
[ORDER TAGS]
<L00>* {ORDER TAG NAME}

Will upload settings from phone as on MacBook atm.

Seems to be a common problem if searched on google by the code.

http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/50736.aspx

gimme 2 secs to upload that settings

You do realize that those common problem threads you are posting are from 2011 and before? I really do not think they are related at all. It is probably something with either automation, or your printer template, or printer setup. If it were a common issue we would have seen it in this forum I promise you that. I have seen issues like this before and its almost always a printer setup issue or a network issue for networked printers, or a template issue.

1 Like

ah ok hah. that’ll learn me to use google to diagnose… I do that with self diagnosis too. Sometimes I think I’m about to die with some of the things it comes up with from symptoms lol.

1 Like

LOL yeah do not ever look up health issues on google before you know it you have every disease known to man and your heart is barely hanging on by a thread.

1 Like

Was that your entire template with NOTHING cutout?

Ok thats the printer settings within samba.

It does it with both HTML and Windows settings.

HTML is beter for me because its small and I can have more lines. With window settings I only get 3 lines per sticker which is ok if someone only had a milkshake, cream and marshmallows but often they have an extra chocolate bar within and so it’ll print off 2 stickers. Im a cost guy, and those stickers cost me .013p each

yes I only want it to print just the milkshake and toppings thats IT

Its also set to print each item individually

So try putting [LAYOUT] at top of it.

1 Like

first couple worked ok,

We are about to shut now and wont be open till monday afternoon so will give it a good test then.

its dual printing the old way too until I iron out this

Thanks, will let you know.

Matt

It seems this solved the problem. Thanks.

Why would it only randomly work without [LAYOUT] ? Surely it should be an all or nothing code?

Matt

Unclicked solution as it hasn’t worked.

Example yesterday. I put through;

2xraspberry milkshakes > pay cash.

1 label gets error, the other prints. Should have been exactly the same label.

This is why I don’t believe it’s a samba issue.

Could be a printer issue. Drivers maybe?

its like its not initialising b4 hand. If i put that code into google it does throw up stuff.

But as mentioned b4 the posts are from a long while ago.

Proper bizarre, nothing on my till is set to power save, turned all that off a long time ago.

I dont believe it to be a drivers issue because if I use the software the comes with it, works no problems.

Try reinstalling driver but with generic/text only driver and see if that makes a difference. On rare occasions driver’s that come with software can cause issues. Not always buys sometimes.

1 Like

I’ll give that a go tomorrow. Never done that before is it easy?

I’ve manually installed a driver before I guess it’s the same sort of?

It’s similar. Just go
Add printer
Local printer
Choose the port
Then when you reach manufacture
On left click generic
On right click generic/text only.
Then finish install and do a test print. If test print works, then remap in samba and test to see if it does the same

1 Like