Printer Template Formatting Tags

OK, updated to yours.

FYI, bold has no effect or trying to increase size ie j22

Probably a printer driver issue for that then. Is the orders printing correctly now?

Labels were printing but still strugling to get it to not print voids.

Have tried, state not equals submitted
and matches all not = new and void

state = submitted means doesnt print first order of session,
and also still prints void - (doesnt a void still become submitted once ticket is closed? ie its NEW, VOid when voided then submitted, void when ticket is closed.

Label printers have different formatting language. Either try HTML printer or according to your label printer learn which formatting language it supports (ECPL? ZPL?) and use RAW printer to send output.

It sounds like what default kitchen printer template already configured to do. The only difference is you need to modify [ORDERS:Void] section to print nothing.

thats what i tried to do by moving all ticket template under the {ORDERS} tag but just ment it printed blank ticket for voids.

Have been trying to constrain the rule to only print submitted orders but still prints voids as the become submitted when closed and also still doesnt print first order line… something odd going on.

also bear in mind this print job is set to seperat tickets by orders as need label per order item for takeaway tubs

I have looked the other languages but main thing atm was the stopping printing voids before spending too much time working out formatting.

the documentation claims its compatible with epsons escp

they are printing but cant get it to stop printing voids,
tried different combos of state constrains but submitted still prints voids and voids are submitted when ticket is closed.
Have tried = submitted and not = void but still doesnt print first order and still prints voids?!?!?!

You took everything out from under [ORDERS:Void]?

I think the issues were contradictions between the print job action looking for new orders and the rule saying no new or submitted only.
Have tried removing the change status to new on void button to see how that changes things.
I know this will mean that voids will not go to the kitchen printer but think that can be resolved by making a voided order job to kitchen printer on order state updated to void rule.
Does that make sense to you?

Yes, it will print just the ‘header’ text, the ticket details.
Thats why i tried moving the ticket info to under the {ORDER} tag but all that did was mean it would print a blank ticket.

On a seperate note would you know of a way to allign the order tags in a line list rather than each one on a new line?

This is my label as it stands atm, would like to set ingredients as tags as another post on here has done but to have them listed on one line rather than a cortical list.
i am using html formatting, my template atm is;

[LAYOUT]
<span style="font-size:10px;text-align:left;font-family:'Tahoma'">
<L00>Ticket #{TICKET NO}                                       Item #: x of {TICKET QUANTITY SUM}
<L00>Customer:{ENTITY NAME:Customers}
</span>
<L00>---------------------------------------
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
-- Normal Order Format
<span style="font-size:12px;text-align:center;font-family:'Tahoma'">
<L00>{NAME}
</span>
<span style="font-size:8px;text-align:left;font-family:'Tahoma'">Contains: </span>{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Gift Order Format
<span style="font-size:12px;text-align:center;font-family:'Tahoma'">
<L00>{NAME}|**GIFT**
</span>
<span style="font-size:8px;text-align:left;font-family:'Tahoma'">Contains: </span>{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<span style="font-size:8px;text-align:left;font-family:'Tahoma'">{ORDER TAG NAME} </span>

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

the ingredients is more towards allergies, in UK you are ment to list all of the 14 alergens in an ingrediant in a dish

How to use the \r format template?

You cant the /r isnt for use in ticket templates you simply use a new line

If you have an item with a name that is too long for the receipt try making the name shorter

There probably is a simple way to wrap text on the ticket but im not at my pc to have a look at the min

In my opinion whenever it comes to something like item name I would always keep it on a single line, especially when it comes to things like kitchen printer as consistent format/layout as possible to ensure it is as clear as can be at a glance, meaning it knock the size down one.
That is just my opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JTRTech I share your opinion I feel it should be as clean, clear, and concise as possible. However not everyone shares the same vision additionally some languages and cultures typically require longer names. But I agree I personally feel that if a name is too long to fit on one line maybe I should shorten it.

@kendash, I understand what you mean about other languages and there will obviously always be an exception to any idea/plan.
I would say that on the average 42 letter printer (obviously some are less) that you would get enough of the name to know what it is, and personally would still so with single like clear layout (missing) the end of the name than start having some single line and other on two lines, but again just my preference and always exceptions.
The bit which would cause a problem with longer names which I can imagine thinking about it now is the portion size if used which (although ive not checked) goes after the product name obviously adding to the length…
And thinking about it presume it would on any printer as it does on ticket/receipt.

1 Like

Very good point and something people should think about.

Not that I need it but would there be a way to separate the portion from the order line on a ticket? Perhaps to enter it on the next line above the {order tag}

Check out this thread…

1 Like