Printing registered official receipts and 'in-house' tickets

For generating <XCT> commands, here is an example to derive the code to initiate a Drawer Kick:

The manual says:

ESC p m n1 n2
[Name]           Generate pulse for drawer output
[Format]         <1B>H<70>H<m><n1><n2>
[Range]          m=0
                 0≦n1≦255
                 0≦n2≦255
[Description]    The defined pulse, On time is n1 X 2msec, Off time is n2 X
                 2msec.

[Note]           Please don’t execute “generate pulse” successively because
                 of it is possible to causes over heat of drawer solenoid.
                 Please use designated standard solenoid. 

So we need to generate this command:

ESC p m n1 n2

In Hex, using parameters m=0, n1=1, n2=1:

1B,70,00,01,01

Then converted to Decimal, the <XCT> code for the Template would be:

<XCT>27,112,0,1,1

If that does not work to kick the drawer, you might need to increase the pulse times which are the last 2 parameters. For example:

<XCT>27,112,0,50,50
... or ...
<XCT>27,112,0,100,100
1 Like

I contacted the printer manufacturer directly, they sent me a manual … in Chinese … (they probably use this one in Taiwan only), there is some command code lines in there I saw.

If your interested here is the link to download the PDF file

Because I’ve no idea how to read that code.

You should go back and read my last 2 posts. I attached the manual (English) and demonstrate how to use the manual to generate XCT commands in your Template.

Stupid me, I didn’t see that link. Strange that I sent them a message in English and they returned a link for the Chinese language manual.
Thanks.
Taiwan has a specific command code Esc FF <1B>H<0C>H to cut the receipt. That’s not in the English version.

Another thing: where should I put that command code in Samba?

You put the code in the Printer Template. But you need to convert it to Decimal from Hex first …

In this template, the code sent instructs the printer to print the Graphic Image stored in the Printer NVRAM …

<XCT>29,40,76,6,0,48,69,32,32,1,1

Right, i don’t see that in the English manual. They give other codes for Cut, but not that one. Anyway, if your code is:

Esc FF   (which is <1B>H<0C>H in HEX)

You need to send just this:

1B,0C

Converted to decimal, this is:

So in your Template, when you want the CUT to occur, you put this:

<XCT>27,12

The manual says this is the command you need:

Esc i <1B>H<69>H Execute full cut 

In hex:

1B,69

Decimal:

For Template then:

<XCT>27,105

Thank you for making it even more complicated … HEX to Decimal? :sweat_smile:

I think the printer has a sensor and markings on the receipts to cut.

LOL, well yes, I guess. The printer manuals are hard enough to read in the first place, then yes unfortunately, you need to convert it to decimal before you put it in your Template.

We’ll start with the first step … connecting it!

Even the dipswitch settings are not the same.

This is often the case on labels where length is fixed… Most thermal/pos receipt printers just print the length required then cut.

Yer get it conected and printing first, then worry about XCT codes :slight_smile:

Here’s the good news, the printer manufacturer said it’s a very simple DOT-matrix printer, old system from back in the days. The mechanics is made by Citizen and it’s compatible with Epson ‘ESC/POS’.
Now the bad news, it has no driver, and to make it work programming in C+ or C++ is needed to get the printer connect to the Pos software. This version of the printer is solely used in Taiwan for government tax reason, therefor the POS software needs to able to work with Chinese (Big 5) or bilingual.

Well, my customer pole display doesn’t have any drivers either, and it behaves like a ESC/POS printer. It is attached to a COM port, and I can print to it just fine. You would set a COM printer as a “Port” Printer in SambaPOS.

Review some of my previous posts to see if you can figure out which port it is connected to. If you can do this from a Command Prompt, you could be in business:

echo test>COM1

Change the port number until something comes out.

According to the manufacturer it’s not that simple as I explained him I already tried all the COM ports, I have 3 and they work, but it’s the specifics of this printer that needs some programming to connect the way it should and print in Chinese (BIG5)

Sorry, I just don’t buy this excuse. I think your POS hardware people are trying to get you to buy their software.

But whatever, so be it. I guess we’re done here.

1 Like

Actually, the company only sells the hardware, not the POS software. And I’m not joking, this is a Taiwan specific printer and needs command code in BIG5 to work.

I tried it for what, 4-5 days now, all ports, all possiblilies, not working, not even a sound. straight form command prompt, through Samba, notepad … set it as a generic text printer, you name it.

USB ticket printer, no problem.

So sounds like there is nothing we can do to help you at this point then.

I have two of these printers, one I got from a friend when he stopped his business and one new one I just bought. I called the manufacturers of these printers and they both (two different brands) confirmed that there is command code needed in BIG5 that connects the specific POS software, invoice software or any software to print receipts to these printers.

I even connected a customer display to my port (COM1), the display shows what I want to print, the display connects to the printer … nothing, no data goes through. COM1 works. As do the others when I try them.