Problem with Cash Read?

Hey all,

We are having a bit of a strange issue with our Till! In order to explain I am going to use two waiters. Ryan and Gemma

-> Ryan opens the table and sends one starter to the kitchen

->Gemma then sends a main course to the kitchen

->Ryan prints their bill and takes payment

-> On the work period report at the end of the evening despite the fact ryan has taken payment, our read states that Gemma has “cashed off the table”. This is happening with all courses: starters mains etc. Whoever sends the last item to the kitchen they payment will appear under their name instead of the person who actually took payment.

Hope ye can help, leave me know if ye require more information.

Regards
Ryan

Have you altered your report?

This was;
Admin pint £3.85 to Table 1
Staff pint £4.15 to Table 1
Admin Cash Table 1

What version of Sambapos are you on ? Here is the most current template for the default Work Period Report. You could try copying and pasting this template see if it works for you.

[Sales:1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TYPES:!PreOrder && TotalAmount >= 0}

[Pre Orders:1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TYPES:PreOrder && TotalAmount >= 0}

[Refunds:1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TYPES:TotalAmount < 0}

[Payments:2, 1, 2]
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:Payment.Amount > 0}
>Total|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:Payment.Amount > 0}

[Refund Payments:2, 1, 2]
{REPORT REFUND PAYMENTS}

[Ticket Details:2, 1, 2]
>>Ticket Counts
@!{TICKET TYPE LIST}
$1|{REPORT TICKET COUNT:(TY=$1)}|{REPORT TICKET TOTAL:(TY=$1)}
Total|{REPORT TICKET COUNT}|{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}
Amount per Ticket||[=F(TN('{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}')/TN('{REPORT TICKET COUNT}'))]
>>Order Counts
@!{TICKET TYPE LIST}
$1|{REPORT ORDER COUNT:(TY=$1)}|{REPORT ORDER TOTAL:(TY=$1)}
Total|{REPORT ORDER COUNT: }|{REPORT ORDER TOTAL: }
Orders per Ticket||[=F(TN('{REPORT ORDER COUNT: }')/TN('{REPORT TICKET COUNT: }'))]
Amount per Order||[=F(TN('{REPORT ORDER TOTAL: }')/TN('{REPORT ORDER COUNT: }'))]
>>Ticket Counts per State
{REPORT TICKET STATES}
>>Order Counts per State
{REPORT ORDER STATES}

[Ticket Tags:1, 1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TAGS}

[Payment Details:2, 1, 2]
@{TICKET TYPE LIST}
@{TAX TYPE LIST}
>$1
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(TY=$1)}
{REPORT CALCULATION DETAILS:C.Name,C.X,C.CalculationAmount.Sum:(TY=$1)}
$2||{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TX.$2.Sum:(TY=$1)}

[User Sales:1, 1] 
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.User,O.ExactTotal.Sum}
@{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.User,P.Amount.Sum::{0}:,} 
[Settled by $1:1, 1, 1] 
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(PU=$1)} 
>Total Income|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:(PU=$1)}

[Item Sales:2, 1, 2]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.ExactTotal.Percent,O.ExactTotal.Sum}
Total||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum}
1 Like

@hayes514 I am changing this from Issue category to Question category I just tested the default WP report and it works just fine showing who settled. This is not a SambaPOS Issue of something not working rather its a configuration problem.

If the Work Period template I posted above does not work for you then you need to share with us some of your configuration because that would mean you changed something.

1 Like

Thanks Kendash, i will try that and get back to you. Im concerned that it might be a bigger issue than just the report. Even when you settle the bill it is settling with the name of the last person to enter a stock item instead of the person who actually settled the bill e.g Ryan was last person to send a main course to the kitchen, Gemma prints out the bill and settles it and Ryans name appears on both the printed bill and settled bill.
We are using the Sambapos V5.
Gemma

Where are you seeing that? Can you show an example?

Your probably using the wrong tag.

So did you try the template I gave you? Obviously your report is not working at all. I see no settled data just Ryan’s name

So on the report i sent through. Ryan sold a starter for €6.25 as seen in user sales. I then entered a main course for the same table making the total table total to €20.20.
Ryan used his id card to settle the bill as a voucher payment but as you can see the voucher payment of €20.20 is in the settled by Gemma category.
It appears that whomever enters the last food item on the table is the person whose name appears on the bill and work period report even if thbey didnt actually settle the table.

Try the report I posted.

I just tried it and it has now removed any individual waiter settled by reports and seems to now just merge the cash payments type into one. I have now also deleted the old template. Is there any way i can go back and restore it to how it was.

This part of the report kendash posted lists payments processed by users

No it has not. They are near bottom. Scroll down.

Apologies i see it now. Well then the updated work period template hasnt fixed the issues as i just cashed off a table under another user before printing the work period report again and it has saved and printed out under Gemma instead of Zoli who actually settled the table.

So it’s not the report then. Share with us how your switching users? What printed out, the WP report?

Sambapos works just fine in this regard so you need to share more info. When you say printout are you meaning the work period report or something else?

1 Like

This is the same template I screenshot earlier, its not the report then you must have something interfering in your configuration.
Are you defiantly logging out between users?

1 Like

So each user just logs out after they have entered a table onto the system. The next user must then log in using either their card or their pin number to again access and make changes to the table. When i say printed out i mean on the WP report.It seems to be a recent occurence as it used to work correctly in the past.

So show a screenshot of your main screen when Ryan logs in to settle.

So this is a screen shot of Zoli just about to cash up a table. He entered the soup and then Gemma entered the cod. So Gemma has added the last item to the bill. Now Gemma has logged out and Zoli has logged in to settle the bill.

[User Sales:1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.User,O.ExactTotal.Sum}
@{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.User,P.Amount.Sum::{0}:,} 
[Settled by $1:1, 1, 1] 
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(PU=$1)} 
>Total Income|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:(PU=$1)}

That ^ definitely works, so you need to verify your Login/Logout process…