Promotion Set by Quantity Issue

no it didnt

i think it need a counter to know how much quantity has been ordered

the TICKET QUANTITY SUM tag doesnot seem to work on entering X times the product

I have to guess there is something else going on with your Rules and Actions for the effect you are trying to achieve. In basic theory, it works just as expected, no matter if you add 1 item at a time, or 4x Items. The Tag {TICKET QUANTITY SUM:X} appears to work properly in either scenario.

These screenshots show it functioning properly:

• add 1 item … Quantity 1 … not divisible by 2
  • add 1 item … Quantity 2 … divisible by 2
  • add 3 item … Quantity 5 … not divisible by 2
  • add 3 item … Quantity 8 … divisible by 2

promo:
1 bottle = $5
5 bottle = $24

rule

action:

hmmm there was some problem in action i had the calculate price set to true

but i still facing problem for setting the price

as you can see if i enter quantity from numberpad it will calculate properly
if i add product it will only change the price on the last item

how to tackle this?

Ok, so yes, you will need a little more configuration for this to work as you want it to, because when you add 1 item at a time, it will not change the price of any of the previous items.

You will to need to use Order States and discounting Order Tags to accomplish this, rather than trying to use a simple Price Change. The setup is quite a bit more complex, but it can be done… I know this from some things I learned when putting together my Happy Hour and VIP Discounts.

I can try to put something together for you, but it won’t be today. So for now, you can try to study the methodology that is discussed in the above Topic. When you understand how it works, you will understand why you need to use States and Tags to get your desired behavior. When you use States, you can check for Order State Changed Event and then apply Order Tag Discounts based on your chosen criteria, and it will “loop” through previous order lines accordingly and apply or remove the Tags.

ya understand need to keep track of the quantity…anyways i will wait for the solution thanks alot

For time being i am using this solution for the promotion
i am using two portions
1 Bottle
5 Bottle

there were some other method also as suggested in @juanpitti article

but i wanted to handle inventory also i preferred this way.