Proper way to setup multiple terminals, each with their own receipt printers and a single server

What is the proper way to setup terminals with their own receipt printer? I thought that when I defined a terminal and its printers, that when that terminal was defined on the local settings it would print to that printer for default jobs such as printing bills. Below is what I’m trying to setup.

Restaurant POS 1 - R1
…prints to RP1 - serial connection thermal printer (bills) - kicks cash drawer
…prints to KP1 - kitchen printer (ip)
…prints to BP1 - bar printer (ip)

Restaurant POS 2 - R2
…prints to RP2 - serial connection thermal printer (bills) - kicks cash drawe

Bar POS 1 - B1
…prints to BP1 - serial connection thermal printer (bills) - kicks cash drawe

Bar POS 1 - B2
…prints to BP2 - serial connection thermal printer (bills) - kicks cash drawe

I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

Check this it’s the easy way to print to local printer

1 Like

I thought I might be over thinking it. As for defining terminal printers, whats the purposes of defining printers under specific terminals?

1 Like

Everything is stored in a database. So it does not matter what terminal you make them on. What matters is which one you map them too. You will see each printer on every terminal because they will all connect to same database. So if you define a printer on terminal A that printer will show up on all the other terminals as well.

The way you tell it which one goes to which terminal is by mapping in the rule that executes the print job.

Everything in sambapos uses rules to tell samba what to do and how, even printing.

I get that. The fix that @pizzaeilat4 mentioned will work, but is there a way to map a print job to a specific printer based upon terminal id? I didn’t see a way to add terminal as a column option.

Joe

You map the rule that handles the print job. It can map to terminal. So yes this means you need to make more rules and print jobs for multiple printers.

1 Like

@josephrussell

T1

T2

1 Like