RDP printing problem with Server 2012

I am using Windows Server 2012 with RDP. I have 2 tablets (ipads) connected via rdp. Each will print kitchen orders when it is the only one connected. As soon as they are both connected at the same time though only one will print. The other comes up with the error:

The tablets log into the server with two different accounts and the terminals have different names. I have tried giving them admin rights. I can print out a test file from notepad successfully when both tablets are logged in so the problem looks like a Sambapos problem rather than a printer setup issue.

This problem is happening with my receipt printer too and I am running out of ideas to try troubleshooting. Can anyone help?

Thanks…

Unless its a new issue in V5 it wasnt an issue in V4.
I did a testing setup a while back with 3 tablets and worked fine… admitidly it was using the windows rdp patch as was only for testing purposes.
How are the printers setup in windows?
Are the printers connected locally to the server or are they network printers connected via the network?

They are network printers each with a static ip

And have they been setup for direct connection from each user or on one and shared?

The printer is set up as a network printer on the server and added onto each rdp account

Not hugely familier with RDP on server Windows but I’d suggest configuring the network printe independently in each account rather than centerally.
The permissions issue suggests there is more likely a issue with the sharing of it through RDP.
That’s how my setup was done and worked fine.

Ok I’ll try that and see… thanks

I suggest getting Surface tablets, as they use Windows, and installing SambaPOS directly on them and adding any network printers on them too.

Thanks for your suggestion - that would probably be the best thing to do but I already have 2 ipad minis that I was trying to use to avoid spending any more cash (they are also nice and quick).

After much messing about with rdp accounts, we have now solved this problem:

We have 2 separate rdp accounts running. When we start Samba we have to tell it to run from a single account on both tablets (so it starts another instance of Sambapos under the same account). This seems to work with a shared printer on the admin account.

Thanks again for all help, it is appreciated.