Really what is the correct way to program second station on SAMBAPOS?

Greetings:
I have read a lot of information on how to program the second station on SAMBAPOS4. And I could not really understand what the correct procedure to work. Really what is the correct way to do it, and please, with great respect, to answer those who know not to create confusion. In my case I am of what they do not know and want to know an easy way to do it. Thanks a ton … :smiley: :+1:

This depends on how that second station is setup. Are you using SQL Express, Local DB, CE? Your second station is it a regular PC or a Tablet?

If its a regular PC with SambaPOS4 installed you should be using SQL Express it is much easier to handle multiple terminals and you get more flexibility and control of your system.

If using SQL Express here are the steps:

1. Navigate to Manage > Settings > Local Settings > General set your connection string and Message server settings (If your using Message server).

2. Navigate to Manage > Settings > Terminals and add in the names of each terminal I recommend Server and Terminal 1 but you can name them whatever you want. Server is there already by default.

3. Navigate back to Manage > Settings > Local Settings > General for each terminal and set the Terminal name for that terminal so for example if your physically on the Server terminal it should be set to Server. If your physically on Terminal 1 then set it to Terminal 1 which you just made in step 2.

That is pretty much it. As usual you should log out and log back in to each terminal.

For SQL Express 2014 instructions see this thread:

1 Like

My intention is to make a good tutorial regular PC. Ok in my case, i use a regular PC with windows 7 PRO.

Keep in mind once you set them up you can use Mapping to dictate rules and print jobs etc by terminal. So if you make a rule for a specific action and you only want that rule to run on Terminal 1 you would use the rules mapping to map it only to that terminal. The actual rule will show up on both terminals but it will only execute on the one its mapped for.

Ok i have an old pos system and the program as is: in the client i put name of database and server ip. simple!!! I want conect with Local DB.

Local DB is SQL Express btw its just a stripped down local process version. SQL Express is a service that you install. Just wanted to be sure you knew that. Both would run fine on your system.

Steps would be the same for Local DB just be sure you connect to it via the connection string. You should really use SQL Express 2014 if you plan to use more than 1 terminal.

Ok i have my local setting in client like this:

That is what is written in the string so that it connects to the server? The simplest way !!!

Umm you showed me a screen with blank settings. There is nothing in any of the settings. BTW Local DB is not a service. You should install and use SQL Express 2014 on the server machine follow the tutorial I linked and it shows what to put in the connection string. This is the easiest way to setup multiple terminals.

Local DB is a single user local process on that machine it is not a server service.

This blank because I do not what to be written there. You have a simple example of what is written in this step photo?

Yes but you need to have SQL Express installed and running then you can connect to it with a connection string which is explained in the tutorial I listed. It has screenshots and everything.

You can not just enter a database name and server IP it does not work like that. You need SQL Express installed.

What I am saying is the programs do not communicate to each other. It is designed to work with SQL Express and Message Server for this. If you want multiple terminals you need to install SQL Express 2014 and follow that tutorial. It is very clear and shows step by step. You can even upgrade the localdb you installed on your server to it. This would allow you to keep all of your settings.

Ok I’ll get to work on that I let you know what was the result. Thanks !!!

If you want to upgrade the localdb from your server if you already have your settings the way you want them. Then choose the upgrade option when you bring up SQL Express 2014 install screen.

PS If you have not made much changes I recommend a fresh install and uninstall LocalDB and start from scratch. When I say uninstall LocalDB that does not mean uninstall SambaPOS. I mean go to control panel and Programs and settings… then look for the SQL Express local db and uninstall it.

Hello, i was reading instruccions here.
went to download SQL express, but gives me several options to download.
someone knows which is the right one?
I think it is this one: Express (SQLEXPR_Architecture_Language.exe)

2 Likes