Receipt Logo Printing As BMP

Logo shows in preview in the template editor ok. Windows test print prints fine with logo.
File is copied to correct location on all machinesand tested in editor.
When printing receipts though only the filename prints instead of the image, affects all printers (all different brands). All printers are Windows printers.
First few lines of my receipt template, have tried numerous case sensitive options;

<BMP>C:\pdqpdqpdq.BMP
<L00>Area:{TICKET TAG:Diner Type} {DEPARTMENT}
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<L00>Server:{USER NAME}
<L00>{ENTITIES}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<EB>

Thanks,

Printer should be set to ESC/POS in SambaPOS in order for it to understand Printer Tags such as <BMP>.

3 Likes

Where do you chose the ESC/POS under my printer type can only see Ticket Printer, Text, HTML etc.

Ticket Printer is ESC/POS

1 Like

Hi;

Chose the Ticket Printer and using Bullzip PDF Printer for testing the output keep getting the below error message:

An error occurred.

Error 1007: An error occured while running Ghostscript

Error: /undefined in !
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1950 1 3 %oparray_pop 1949 1 3 %oparray_pop 1933 1 3 %oparray_pop 1819 1 3 %oparray_pop --nostringval-- %errorexec_pop .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval–
Dictionary stack:
–dict:1199/1684(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:77/200(L)–
Current allocation mode is local
Current file position is 3

Source: GUI

Internal hint: Run converter to create PDF file

Anyone experienced this?

I’ve never used bullzip PDF printer to be honest so I cant comment on that,

However I do use PDF creator or the microsoft in built PDF maker and It doesn’t cause any issues.

What is it are you trying to see with PDF?

Hi;

I am trying to put the Client Logo on the final printout so currently testing with the Kitchen Order Template as below:

[LAYOUT]
<T>Ticket
<BMP>C:/Logo
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
<L00>Table:{ENTITY NAME:Table}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<L00>Waiter:{ENTITY NAME:Waiter}
<F>-
{ORDERS}

Try putting it like below.
<BMP>C:/Logo.BMP
remember the file has to be saved as .BMP

Also if using thermal printer your best to convert down to 1bit colour and resize as larger with colour will slow down the print speed for that part of print.

It will be better to test these suggestions with a physical ESC/POS printer. Printing it to PDF will not work.

1 Like

Hi;

The Logo is now printing on the actual format but the resolution is abit low is it possible to use PNG for a Logo?

On a ESC/POS printer?

If your printer supports importing the logo into the printer memory then yes you could if the software accepts .PNG

if you use generic/text only printer as the driver without software, than you can only use the .BMP within the printer template.

Most thermal printers come with their own management software, which will give you option to input logo into it, and automatically on print, it will put your logo in the header, and they usually support .PNG

1 Like

Thanks for the info Sir.