Refund Transactions Question

MY goal is to refund any paid submitted tickets. but the settle button is already enabled . what is my next step or am i doing something wrong

Refund should be a new ticket.
If some one comes in, pays then later you refund them you have the paid ticket, then a negative refund ticket which cancels out.
If you reopen a paid and closed ticket you are ‘doubely’ crediting, you are canceling their original payment and then reprocessing the ticket as a refund so you would end up being out when you reconcile the till.

The reopening a closed/settled ticket and canceling payments is something in theory you shouldnt really legitimately need if your setup and workflow are correct. Unless you have some very particular requirement.

What are you actually trying to achieve?

I have a refund setup working, with accounting to track figures, increase and decrease inventory options depending on if the refunded item can be sold again or not

Its basically like creating a new sale ticket, you add the items you are refunding the ticket changes to refund the ticket state becomes refund which then allows the refund buttons to appear that are all linked into inventory and accounting. This also stops items having a negative balance as you might expect for refunds as it causes issues in the settle screen (which i dont use at all), i use customised fast cash buttons in pos screen and so far it seems to work really good

Ill show screen shots later of my setup

There are many approaches to refunds. But to answer your question about settle button, it’s because you have cancel payments action so of course it is going to enable settle.

Please don’t take this wrong I am trying to help you understand the entire flow and not just one small part. You need to slow down and understand what your expected result will be when you add actions to rules and try to understand when that rules fire and what other rules and actions inside them might fire.

If you don’t understand that relationship you will continue to make configuration mistakes and will continue to seek answers here. I am not trying to discourage questions on contrary I feel everyone should eventually strive to give back to community through ideas and creative solutions instead of just constant support questions.

PS. I prefer a reverse transaction process with full reverse accounting for refunds. It is not a simple setup.

NOW SAY A CUSTOMER BOUGHT ONE TEA. THEN CAME BACK FOR A REFUND . I WANT IT TO REFLECT ON THE WORK PERIOD THAT THERE WAS A REFUND WHICH WOULD ZERO OUT THE 1.50 PURCHASE .

SO IF I START OFF WITH 100 IN MY TILL. AFTER THE CUSTOMER PURCHASE THE TEA I WOULD THEN HAVE 101.50 . BUT WHEN THE REFUND IS MADE I WILL HAVE 100 IN MY TILL AGAIN.

So configure reverse accounting for it.

Firstly - THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT!!!
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If I understand correctly this is exactly what the default refund buttons does.

100 start
1.50 tea sale, Sales =101.50
refund tea 1.50

Sales 101.50
Refunds 1.50

Shows the sales and refunds separately…