Report for Order Tags?

So i have Order Tags to add additional toppings to my items. These tags have prices on them that get added to the orders.

Im having trouble finding a way to put them out in a report. I have scanned every document i could find on the reports… Nothing seems to be clear!
Since its a core feature in SambaPOS, i would assume there is some Report Tag i could use like {REPORT ORDER TAGS}. This particular one along with a few other variations and guesses did not work. There has to be a way to report these order tags since they do have price tags on them.

I tried to make a custom view through SQL, but since the Order Tags are saved as a JSON Object inside the ticket, a View isn’t exactly being possible. What do i do ?

1 Like

I couldn’t understand your exact need but {REPORT ORDER TAG DETAILS} tag may work. If you give more details about your report structure we may give better idea.

{REPORT ORDER TAG DETAILS} just prints that tag itself. Its not being processed.

The idea is simple, there are order tags which have prices mapped on them so that customers can add things to their orders at an additional fees. I need to print these tags just like how Items Sales Report works. List of the Tags, number of units sold, and revenue collected.

Order Tags Defined at: Tickets >> Order Tags >> Order tag List

Are you saying your not getting tags value in sales figure or that you want a report just reporting tags?

Details reports generally require additional fields to define the values to the columns etc.
Have a read of the custom reports tutorial…

1 Like

I think im Half way there…
Thanks @JTRTech Yeah i have studied that page and pretty much all literature i could find on reports.
Its part of the Items Sales Report. I have been studying the reports for over a month now…
The sales report shows all my items that were sold, but does not show Order Tags which also have a pricetag on them.It appears that the items revenue has the Order Tag prices added to them.

So, i need to not add the tag prices to the main Order cost and a separate table showing only the order tags that were sold.

i did this:

Extra Toppings
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS: OT,OTP}

This ended up printing a bunch of extra lines. But all lines were empty. So im guessing the lines are the order tags that were used, I’m just being unable to point the exact values.

Ideally i need to print:
Order Tag name | Quantity Sold | Tag Net cost(Revenue generated)

Ive never used report order tags myself but if you compair to another details type report expression like order details for item sales report;

{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.ExactTotal.Percent.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}

The format is usually follows similar format LETTER.Detail for the column values and then expression for constraints on the end.

Cant have looked that hard;

[Properties:1,1,1, 1]

Name|Value|Quantity|Price
{REPORT ORDER TAG DETAILS:T.TagName,T.Quantity,T.Price,T.Value.desc}

To limit to a perticular group[ of tags would add something like (OT=Extra Toppings)

{REPORT ORDER TAG DETAILS:T.TagName,T.Quantity,T.Price,T.Value.desc:(OT=Extra Toppings)}
but as I said not familier with this report tag

4 Likes

Append this to the end of Item Sales Report.

[Order Tag Details:8, 2, 3]
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True):{0}:,}
>{REPORT ORDER TAG DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,T.Qty.Sum.desc;#,([T.Price]*[T.Qty]).sum;'#.##;-#.##;-':(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$1" and O.OrderTags != "" and O.OrderTags != null}
{REPORT ORDER TAG DETAILS:T.Value,T.Qty.sum;#,([T.Price]*[T.Qty]).sum;'#.##;-#.##;-':Order.MenuItemName="$1" and (ODI=True)}

I still don’t know if it is what you need. Hope it helps.

6 Likes

Tried them, and a few other things… havent got lucky yet.

So here is an example of my situation so we are on the same page.
Product: Cheese Pizza
Price: $15

Lets say i sold 3 pizzas last week.

Report shows:
3 Pizzas, total revenue: $50
the extra $5 was due to some additional order tags on one of the orders.

This is creating inconsistencies looking at the numbers directly. We need to show this report to the Govt. authorities so all numbers need to make sense.

So, I would need to have the report showing:
3 Pizzas, Total Revenue: $45
Order tags sold: xx; Total Revenue: $5

It would be awesome if i can list the order tags individually and show the amount sold, but if i can just get the cumulative report of these additional costs on the orders that will do the job.

Is the tag set to be included in the product price?

3 Pizzas, sounds more like the group breakdown than orders anyway…

If you report order details the value would be 50 and the tag is a order child element.
Reporting orders wouldnt give you;

as its reporting orders NOT order tags, order tags would be included in the orders they are 'TAG’ed onto, clue is in the name.

You would in theory have report showing

GROUP SALES
3 Pizzas, total revenue: $50 <--tags included as part of the orders being reported

INCLUDING TAGS OF
Order tags sold: xx; Total Revenue: $5

Your only other option would be to use a calculation on the report to minus the tags from the group or order sales fiqures;

GROUP SALES
{NORMAL REPORT TAG} - minus - {ORDER TAG REPORT}

INCLUDING TAGS OF
{ORDER TAG REPORT}

However you cannot just minus a multi line report tag like that… You can do basic calculations within the report tag expression but not overly familiar with that or the report tags. Maybe on item sales;

@{ORDER LIST REPORT - expression resulting in list of all orders as a variable $1

ITEM SALES
{ORDER DETAILS EXPRESSIONS - use the $1 to do one product at a time and then that same $1 in the tag expression to specify the tag value for orders of order name $1

Tag prices are not added to the Order Item prices. They are additional prices [ Add Tag Price to Order Price option is unchecked ].

yeah if i could just remove the order tag prices from the order price in my report, and then show a lump sum of order tags revenue… that is good enough. I’ll try and see if i can filter the tag prices out…

Very strange requirement dont think ive ever seen that before.

I think its another example of owner<->accountant misunderstanding…
Like the request to know cash/card split on product group level…

Ok. here is a complete breakdown:

Order Tags: ( Please note that the price of these tags is not added to the order price. )

There are more tag groups, all with the same settings, just different tags based on the Tag Group.

Two Sample Tickets:

So as you can see, the Margherita is for 240. Ticket total at 280 including 40 delivery.
Another ticket, Margherita with order tags ends up at 350 (240+40+20+50). Ticket total at 390 including 40 delivery.

Now, the report:

If you notice the third table title ‘Sales’
It shows 2 Margheritas at 670.

I need to show:
2 Margheritas 480
Order Tags 110

And remove the delivery cost from the order. I don’t understand why that is here considering that’s a ticket calculation and not an order level price.

Report Script in question:

[Sales:5, 2, 2,1]
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True):{0}:,}

{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName=“$1”}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:’ '+[O.PortionName],O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName=“$1”:2}

Sorry Emre, i dont know what i did wrong with your script, it didnt work yesterday. Tried again today and it’s giving me a nice clean table with the details! thanks!

There are a couple of other small details i need to fix in the reports, but they dont belong under this topic. So i’ll do my research and open a new Topic if required. Cheers!

1 Like

How do I filter out (exclude) a certain order tag from this report?

What you trying to exclude would be helpful

I will retain the original report but I need another showing only a certain order tag.

Please help

Hello sir may I know how to filter the order tag you gave
for example I just want to display

I tried doing this
[Order Tag Details:8, 2, 3] @{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True):{0}:,} &gt;{REPORT ORDER TAG DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,T.Qty.Sum.desc;#,([T.Price]*[T.Qty]).sum;'#.##;-#.##;-':(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$1" and O.OrderTags = "Bacon" and O.OrderTags != null} {REPORT ORDER TAG DETAILS:T.Value,T.Qty.sum;#,([T.Price]*[T.Qty]).sum;'#.##;-#.##;-':Order.MenuItemName="$1" and (ODI=True)}
but it’s not working