REPORT TICKET DETAILS Filter tax type

I am trying to write a report to show subtotals for each Tax type and then tax amount like on the receipt template

This is the report I have a the moment

[Sales-Refund:1, 1, 1, 1]
>|Subtotal|Tax|Total
Sales Total|{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:=[T.TotalAmount.sum]-[T.Tax.sum],T.Tax.sum,T.TotalAmount.sum:(TY=Receipt) OR (TY=Refund)}
@23%|{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:=[T.TotalAmount.sum]-[T.Tax.sum],T.Tax.sum,T.TotalAmount.sum:(TY=Receipt) OR (TY=Refund)}
@13.5%|{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:=[T.TotalAmount.sum]-[T.Tax.sum],T.Tax.sum,T.TotalAmount.sum:(TY=Receipt) OR (TY=Refund)}

Is there an expression I can add to {REPORT TICKET DETAILS:=[T.TotalAmount.sum]-[T.Tax.sum],T.Tax.sum,T.TotalAmount.sum:(TY=Receipt) OR (TY=Refund)} that will only show sales made with a specific tax type.

Is there even another method of achieving this?

Without using SQL, I dont trust my skills for tax related reports.

I added TXT.<template name> for next update.

4 Likes

This is only showing the sales total for each ticket, in list format. 2nd ticket in this report had no 23% sales shows as 0.0,

. Sum does not work.

[Report Tax Details:1,1]
23%|{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TXT.23% Vat:(TY=Receipt) OR (TY=Refund)}

[Report Tax Details.Sum:1,1]
23%|{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TXT.23% Vat.sum:(TY=Receipt) OR (TY=Refund)}

I know I could calculate the tax total and subtotal from the total using calculations but I expected something more along the lines of this, utilising existing tags.

[What I expected:1, 1, 1]
23%|{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:=[T.TotalAmount.sum]-[T.Tax.sum],T.Tax.sum,T.TotalAmount.sum:(TXT=23% Vat) AND (TY=Receipt) OR (TY=Refund)}

For Tax returns I need to be able to enter total sales, and tax at each specific tax rate. I also need to be able to report sales with no tax applied. {REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TXT. :(TY=Receipt) OR (TY=Refund)} does not work.

Basically I need a similar breakdown like what is given on receipts

Was this updated in the latest release or is this something that will have to be done via sql?

I really need this for my latest customer install?

Silentbob I created a test on my side and sum seems to work fine for me.

You can do it by configuring additional tax template for %0 tax.

Custom reports will simplify report generation for common needs but we don’t intend to fully replace SQL. We fully support SQL usage and for some cases using SQL will be even simpler than using custom report tags.

Is there any reason you can think of why wo t work for me?

[Report Tax Details:1,1]
23%|{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TXT.23% Vat:(TY=Receipt) OR (TY=Refund)}

[Report Tax Details.Sum:1,1]
23%|{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TXT.23% Vat.sum:(TY=Receipt) OR (TY=Refund)}

Your syntax seems fine. I can’t think a reason. Let me know if you notice something so I can test on my side.

I have tried updating to .62 and still no change. Also cleared transactions.

Looking at the AccountTransactions table there is no clear separation in subtotal figure for each tax type.
Is it best to use a calculation to calculate subtotal and total from the tax total or is there a better method?

I have PM’d you a copy of my database to see if you can spot an error on my part with the .sum