Reporting "Reasons for Return"

Hi Everyone,

I have just migrated to V4 from V3 with success. Operation running as smoothly as it was yesterday :smile:

On V3 I have created reasons for returns from tickets, a button screen popping up on the left side to choose from. Functioning without problem.

However, when it comes to reporting these reasons (values on the automationcommands table) I am unable to locate them in the tables related to the Orders table.

Can someone help me out on this issue please?

Cheers,

Neşet

How were you logging them? Order Tag?

In automation commands following a procedure suggested for V3. Picture below.

Hope you can help.

And whats the rule to go with the automation command?

There isn’t one. It sets a command value. You would look for command value

Sorry, unable to comment/contribute on the above exchange.

The button on its own wouldn’t do anything, Upload screenshot of your rule(s) relating to the command values listed in the values field;

This may go beyond my knowledge of SambaPOS. I understand I should create rulesfor each value entered in the values list of the automation command. But how?

You had this working on V3?

I use the same idea, different return reasons in the value box on the autom command button as you have above

Then refund rule that when the refund button is pressed it fires an order action or i think i used update order state using command value in the variable

So in the pos screen when the item is added to the ticket and the refund button is pressed a list of the return reasons set in the auto command button appear on the right of the screen, selecting one adds it as the order state

Nop !.. That is one of the reasons migrating into V4 before the Turkish support is available.

That sounds like the target I had in my mind; however, the mind lacks the knowledge for implementation.

Try the search tool in top right,
You’ll find there are many ways to achieve a similar out come but from sounds of it you need to brush up on the basics.
Actions - make things happen/change etc
Rules - look for something to happen and then fire actions
Automation Commands - in short buttons, a rule can look for a button (automation command exacted) to be pressed.
These are probably the key three parts to any configuration and a basic understanding would be required for successful custom config.

Start with something more basic like try setting up some fast cash payment buttons as is a simple little job to built your understanding.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips on the basics… I will concentrate on the homework. Will come back to the forum if I hit the wall. Many thanks again.

Sorry I misunderstood your intentions. It sounded like you were just looking for the raw database table relationships with the command values. @RickH explained the general idea. This has been covered in detail by Emre many times.

1 Like

Bingo !!! :slight_smile: Now I got the Void resons working

you can also do the same for price changes, and discounts and refunds see my tutorial here and you can adapt it to those situations

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @RickH… I will take a look at it.