Reporting Tasks Tags Help

Hi

So ive got two tasks setup for when the cash drawer is opened, one for when it is opened and another for when a cash lift is performed when theres too much cash in the till, this task also logs the amount removed

This is my report setup for tasks, but i cant seem to find where to add the actual task type so it only show the report for a certain task, currently the below settings are combining the two tasks into one report

{REPORT TASK DETAILS:T.Name,T.TaskType,T.StartDate,T.StartTime,TSC.Value}

My two task types are called “Open Drawer Log” and “Cash Amount Lifted”

I cant find on the forum where to add those task type names correctly to the reporting tags, i know it is something like T.TaskType:(Open Drawer Log) but thats not quite right

To filter by Task Type use:
(TST= <Task Type>)

You can also filter by a value in the Task Field:
(TSC.<Task Field>=<value>)

Try this:
{REPORT TASK DETAILS:T.Name,T.TaskType,T.StartDate,T.StartTime,TSC.Value:(TST=Open Drawer Log)}

1 Like

Hey Rick If you ever get the time can you share with me your full system for Cash In Cash Out and your logging?

That half works, it does not split the report but because the (TST=Open Drawer Log) is attached to TSC.Value with the colon it now makes that Value column blank

I guess the way to fix it is to put T.TaskType:(TST=Open Drawer Log) at the end but i didnt really want the task description at the end, ill test this now and see what it does

Yea course I can, itll prob be easier for me to PM you a clean backup of my database and show you screen shots of how it works and then you can see the actions and rules, youll probably find better ways of doing some of the stuff ive done lol

1 Like

so this report expression now gives this report

[Open Cash Drawer Report:20,15,10,30,45]
>>Name|Date|Time|Open Drawer Reason|Task Type
{REPORT TASK DETAILS:T.Name,T.StartDate,T.StartTime,TSC.Reason,T.TaskType:(TST=Open Drawer Log)}

and this report expression gives this report
[Cash Lift Report:1,1,1,2,2]
>>Name|Date|Time|Cash Lift Value|Task Type
{REPORT TASK DETAILS:T.Name,T.StartDate,T.StartTime,TSC.Value,T.TaskType:(TST=Cash Amount Lifted)}

Which is perfect and both reports are now split, however you can only do that if the task type filter is at the end of the expression, if its not som eof the other columns dont populate the data

I dont really need to see that column is there a way to hide the task type column from the end but still have the report filter by that task type?

The report doesn’t work right with not including the T.TaskType field? It should…Strange.

I have this report:
J8UKllIUZl

[Finished Tasks by User:1,1,1,1]
>Task Name|Finsished Date|Finished Time|Name
@{REPORT OPEN TASK DETAILS:TSC.UserName::,}
{REPORT OPEN TASK DETAILS:TSC.Task Label,TSC.Finished Date,TSC.Finished Time,TSC.UserName:(TST=DailyTasks) && (TSC.Task State=Finished) && (TSC.UserName=$1)}

I didn’t include the field for Task Type, just as a constraint.

Yep ive got it to work, i thought you needed to have T.TaskType and then colon to filter by task type name, didnt realise you could just completely leave out T.TaskType and just add the filter to the end

Perfect reports now:

1 Like

hey @RickH
I connected a scale to samba and i want to get log for its weight. I tried something here:

the problem here is m not getting values for the weight. Help would be appreceiated.
Thanks

@Faisal again about your same scale question. This has nothing to do with the original topic here. Please do not keep posting on separate irrelevant topics about different things related to your same scale question. All that does is frustrate and irritate other community members and will give you less chance of getting help.

You have now created or posted to 4 separate topics about this same scale question…

This is not same the scale topic, its about task value which is not showing in custom reporting if you could properly see. The only scale thing here is that m trying to log scale weighing.

For one your setting tag is is square brackets which should be curly.
Also, where is Value coming from, your setting a custom field which doesn’t look to be called value?