Restaurant - Bill numbering incremented when printed

Hi,

I try to go live with SambaPOS (excellent).

Legally we can use any software we want, no certification needed.
The only thing that must be registered at the tax authority is the ticket’s printer serial number.

In case of control, they check the bills on the printed rolls of paper (witness rolls) and the bill/Ticket number must be incremented one by one and ordered on the witness roll.

Right now I have that numbering on my witness roll:
Ticket number
Depending on the ticket number creation (when customer orders) and the printing time (when the customer pay and leaves), which is different as in a retail store.

Is there a way to have it printed on the witness roll as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, … ?

I read the post about “counter that resets everyday” and could try to use that information to create a bill number that is incremented after each “print”. But I am wondering if this is the right way to go, also for my accountant I would need a report like:

date, Bill number, [Customer info like VAT , etc …], amount in cash, amount in CC, …

Thank you for help,

Marc

SambaPOS has an auto incrementing Ticket Number for each new ticket. Isn’t that what you need?

I can’t understand why you need a new ticket number each time the same receipt is printed. The sale is only valid once paid.

In Reports you can export Sale via CSV, and then use Excel to tidy up the data.

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

It was about respecting the law:
The yellow paper roll that stays inside my matricial printer and that contains all the bills is what they call the witness roll and must follow some rules:

• Ticket number must be correlated (ok) but not necessarily printed in serie (so problem solved)
  • one print out per ticket number,
  • etc …

Marc