Restaurant within a Museum set up

I have a museum which has a restaurant within,Guest visiting either come to the restaurant or proceed to museums where we have birds sanctuary . We also have kids fun-area,swimming pool and boat riding.All this services are charged at-least 2 dollars per person.
I have managed to configure sambapos in the restaurant side and its already working, My issue would be how i can use the same system to issue tickets for those visiting the museum,kids fun area and swimming pool.
The guest visiting the museum should pass through the reception area where their details are recorded and a ticket with QR code or bar code is issued after the payment has been done.After the payment is done the guest should proceed to the museum gate where we will install a bar code reader to scan the ticket issued and validate .After the ticket is validated then the guest can proceed to the museum.
The ticket should expire upon entry to avoid multiple entry with the same ticket by other guest .
Can someone illustrate to me how i can achieve this kind of setup using sambapos,Thank-you

I have done something similar before for issuing tickets for a kids play area. The setup I did was different but I can offer some suggestion as to how you could accomplish this on SambaPOS.

I followed the gift certificate tutorial as a basis

In your case, you would need to customise so you are issuing “tickets” instead of “gift certificates”. You can sell the tickets, which will then print and you can have either a barcode or QR code printed depending on your needs. Each ticket would have an associated entity and account. I would then suggest to modify the way it works to log whether a “ticket” is valid or not based on a custom data value on the “ticket” entity.

You probably also don’t need creation of accounts for each entity since you won’t hold a balance like a gift certificate would and would check validity against your entity custom data value.

Regarding scanning the tickets on entry, is it possible to have a PC or tablet at the entry point with the barcode scanner attached? If so you just need SambaPOS running on that system and it would be relatively straightforward (just checking the “ticket” is valid and if so, setting it as used).

If on the other hand you are looking for a more mobile solution where you are scanning with a mobile device, it would be a lot more work but there is probably a way it could be done, possibly using GraphQL API via a web app. That could possibly also work with a handheld / mobile device with integrated barcode scanner, but if you wanted to use the phone’s camera to scan the code, you will need a third party app or custom app development.

I know this is quite high level but take a look at the tutorial first then let me know if you have further questions.

Thankyou markjw, this was a good insight ,it seem who are well versed with the subject.I need to understand more about the gift certificates before i comment on the progress ,thankyou for shedding some light on the topic.
I want the ticket issued to the customer or the guest to latch-out the door when scanned on entry,just like the same the system kickoff the cash drawer upon receiving the payment way .Once the guy get in the ticket should expire and cannot be reused .

I will be back later and let you know my progress.

I remember someone on the forum mentioned recently about how they controlled a lock using the cash drawer port. From what he said I think he has that part working already.

Thankyou Markjw,i am waiting the items to be purchased then we can revive this topic.I will let you know the progess