Restricting User Access to Ticket Total

With reference to this topic, I have done the Right Click and clicked Sum and it works but only until next restart. Is there a way that makes this permanent?

Actually it’s not even a restart, just log out of SambaPOS and then log back in and the Total is again displayed.

I’ve been able to replicate this on my VM, slightly different where a restart of SambaPOS was required before the Total box returned. Can someone else try it to confirm please?

The below image is from the reference post (I have the latest release installed). It’s the bottom Total box that needs to be permanently hidden.

You can not make changes there anymore. It won’t save. I don’t know if it’s a bug or not.

It’s a bug, its not just related to this screen its any screen that used to let you save settings. Its been since 5.2.22 or before.

For some issues like entity screen search fields, I get around it by just copying the XML file from an old setup. For others, I have an older version of SambaPOS running in a VM and use that to save the settings I need to the XML that I then copy to the new setup

Maybe a permissions issues with the folder that holds the XML files? At least I know it’s not just me now :grinning:, cheers.

Navigate to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\SambaPOS5\Layout

Make a backup/copy of TicketExplorer.xml

Open TicketExplorer.xml in your favourite text editor

At the bottom of the file you’ll see the following:

<property name="Item2" isnull="true" iskey="true">
  <property name="SummaryType">Sum</property>
  <property name="FieldName">Sum</property>
  <property name="DisplayFormat">#,#0.00</property>
</property>

Remove that block of text and save

Restart SambaPOS and the total will no longer be shown in the ticket exporer

This is not user specific, but I figure anyone you want to see that information will have access to reports

New versions does not even generate that file. I’ll test it some more.

New versions does not even generate that file. I’ll test it some more.

I didn’t even notice. Hmm…

Well, here’s the one I have if it helps anyone

TicketExplorer.zip (1.2 KB)

Navigate to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\SambaPOS5\Layout

Make a backup/copy of TicketExplorer.xml

Open TicketExplorer.xml in your favourite text editor

At the bottom of the file you’ll see the following:

[For some reason the code wont paste from above?]

Remove that block of text and save

Restart SambaPOS and the total will no longer be shown in the ticket exporer

This is not user specific, but I figure anyone you want to see that information will have access to reports

This works for me so I’m marking this as the solution, thanks heaps :+1:

2 Likes