Rick's Tutorial 10 - Price Change Reasons (also print on receipts)

@Peter_Cijsouw try naming it differently as you already have a Price Change button that mapped to ticket. (one that appears when no orders are selected)

Make sure your price change button is mapped to order line i dont know if that makes a difference but you have one mapped to ticket so that could be why its selecting all orders on the ticket, set to orderline so you have to select theorder to you want to change first

1 Like

Thanks, will try tomorrow and just delete the Default Change Button.

Delete the default one and make sure the other is mapped to orderline

Im pretty sure thats the issue, when mapped to ticket it doesnt know what order to change the price of so it changes all the orders on the ticket. When mapped to order line you have to select the order first then press the orice change button so it only changes the price of that item (or however many you select)

Thats my theory lol ill test that later and map my price change button to ticket and see if that does what i think

@Peter_Cijsouw ive reproduced your issue and it is as i thought, having the price change button mapped to ticket changes all orders prices on the ticket, so just change mapping to order line and it should work fine :slight_smile:

Sorry its off topic but am curious;
@Peter_Cijsouw what are the 1-10 followup in the quick menu?

Also are you void/cancel void mapped to ticket rather than order position?

1 Like

Thanks @RickH all working now after deleting the default and change to orderline.

PS @JTRTech we use the 1-10 button to send a message to the Kitchen Display that we have a new table 1-10Pax, so the chef is informed what’s coming up next, the P_Kitchen (Preparation) will prepare the Free starter. Then the Order Ready is send from the P-Kitchen (or Kitchen) and the Waiters do know were to deliver the Free starter.
The Follow Up is used to send a message to the Kitchen that the Table is cleared between the courses and ready for the next course of the Menu.

Due to the fact that we have local staff working with bad English the message and orders are send in Vietnamese to the P-Kitchen Display and the Chef can follow the request in English on a combined P-Kitchen / Kitchen display.

This minimize communication or explanation and did improve the workflow tremendously in the kitchen.

1 Like

Thank you for Tutorial!

All works well except I cant get the line to print on my ticket template. Can you see where I went wrong?

PS: An edit on your post to say ORDER LINE when doing mapping for the Price Change button would help more persons when following your tutorial.

Thank you

Template looks OK but havn’t tried this config myself.
Are you sure the order is correctly getting a state for PStatus?

well the item is following the rule and all the right questions pop up.

How would I be able to test it?

Show us the rule and action for the state change

Price change Reason:

[?Enter New Price;(\d{1}.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2})?|0;;OCN;49,50,51|52,53,54|55,56,57|190,48,8]

Can you show the update order status action

In fact show both actions pls

I fixed the [:Current Status]

Youve got 2 update order state actions in the price change rule which is why your state isnt updating properly you need to completely remove the update order status action and just leave the price change reason action, that is the one that updates the reason with PStatus

There should be a different action that updates the price, update order action i think it is

Not sure any influence, but look at [:CUrrent Status] BIG U used

You showed wrong update order status action. @Peter_Cijsouw spelling there won’t matter.

@stephanhenning Show the Update Order Status - Price Change action please.

I’m not working on this implementation, only noticed the Capital U, I know that sometimes programming is case sensitive, that’s why I did respond.

1 Like

Sorry I reworded my response. Your right it’s just in that particular place it won’t. That just creates variable name. He would just end up with odd looking name but it would still work.