Rules Async feature for actions? Please document!

I apologize if this has been documented in detail already but I didn’t notice it anywhere. The Async feature got added secretly in an update and I don’t think anyone ever expained the back end and what cases this could be beneficial in?

1 Like

Hi, could you please tell us exactly what you want to do

The feature was never documented. Would just love a detailed understanding how that can help me :slight_smile:

I also want to know what it does. I asked before on the release topic but was also never answered.

From testing it doesn’t appear to do anything different.

Async feature, runs the action which comes next from the marked action. It executes the next action without waiting for ending of previous action. For example, I added Show Message Action into the Print Bill Rule, also added another action for running an Application under the Show Message Action. If I activate Async Feature for Show Message Action, Show Message action will start and without doing anything, my other application will start running as well. If I deactivate Async Feature, when my Show Message action runs, it asks for confirmation from me to start my other application. If I say yes, then it will run my other application.
You can have a look into below video to see how it works;

7 Likes

It was kinda documented in a discussion may have been in beta forum but there were specific need cases for it.

2 Likes

I don’t know who you are but it’s a pleasure to have you on the forum. That’s a great explanation thank you sir :slight_smile: