Running tabs/re-opening tickets V5

Hi,

In our bar we having running tabs for regular customers. So that we have all transactions on one ticket we re-open the original ticket and add to it. In V4 this worked fine. However it appears something has changed in V5 and when cashed off the ticket goes into the work period that it was created in. Meaning that the work period report that the ticket is paid in is missing the transaction. And it is added to the earlier work period.

Does anybody have a different method they use that works?? We’d rather have all transactions on one ticket, and not have to 20-30 separate daily transactions.

Thanks,

Chris

You most likely had an action to update ticket date on the v4 setup you had.
Depending on how you use your reports to reconcile the till this will falsely increase your sales total if you use daily sales as changing the ticket fade will accumulate the sales each time it’s done and bring the sales forward over work periods.
Accounts would be the proper way to do this, have a look at the recent work with account statements which would work well for local customer tabs if used properly.

V4 was retrieving tickets by Last Payment Date. V5 currently using Ticket’s creation date. By latest update V5 will also retrieve Tickets by Last Payment Date.

Oh thanks @emre - will that be in the pre-releases now or final public release? Also “just saying” you probably changed that for a good reason? Do you think it should be a system Option like checkbox to determine which method to use as I sort of understand the “why” mechanics.

I guess, thinking further, “draw balance” at the end of the day is paramount :hushed:

The old way would definitely work better for us. We run two work periods am and pm everyday. And there’s is no rest inbetween so the open tables are put on a switchover account, and re opened in the pm shift. This is meaning that the open tables from the am shift are being paid in the pm period but going into the am period.
At the moment as a workaround I’m voiding all transactions for the switchover tables and re-entering them in the pm shift, which isn’t ideal but works.

Do we have a date for the new update yet??

Thanks

Just a quick intervention here, sorry @chris89, but you are Settling these tickets off to Customer Account, and then reopening the ticket, THEN adding more items to the Ticket?

You can put ticket as pre order ticket (Change Ticket Properties Action) so, you can end work period AM without settle pre order ticket. In PM. shift switch ticket back to normal ticket type and settle ticket in PM shift.

Yeah that’s how we do it now. And v4 it worked fine, but with the changes that emre mentioned, it no longer works in v5.

By .55 It will work like exactly how it worked in V4.

If you notice any related issues we can discuss how to improve that. I’ll release .55 in a couple days.

This has affected my work flow.
Layaway tickets are added to my accounts on date the ticket is created. Now its bringing this ticket forward into the current work period every time a payment is made.
I configured everything that way as thats how v5 worked but now you have changed it I may have to rethink my workflow.
I don’t know what would be involved but it would be great if it was possible to have the option to choose whether to retrieve by creation date or last payment date?

Im sure this will affect others who are using samba in a live environment already.