Samba POS V5 is not working

Hi,

I currently using your SambaPOS V5. The system was supply by my supplier. he is not solve the issues that i am facing at my restaurant. My current setup are

1. Main POS with USB printer and drawer (Windows Embedded Standard Intel i3 2.3GHz 2GB Ram 30GB HDD)
  2. Service Printer (wireless)
  3. Kitchen Printer (wireless)
  4. Tablets Windows (Windows 10 Home Intel Atom 1.44Ghz 2GB Ram 60GB HDD) x 3
  5. ASUS Router (RT-N66U)

The system is not connect to internet. When the restaurant is busy, the tablet will hang and the POS will not get the orders. The Printers will not printer the orders. The system sometime auto restart. Appreciate you could advise me how can i resolve this issues. YOUR HELP WILL BE DEEP APPRECIATED!

Regards,
Alvin Chew

That sounds like a wireless network setup issue. Do you allow your customers to connect to internet through your wireless network?

you can set a new network with a gigabit switch. i am using sambapos like you. you must connect printers with cable on your switch, if you want a good connection.

Alvin I saw your e-mail but it will be great if we can discuss that on forum to be able to resolve the issue.

To be able to communicate properly tablets, pc’s and printers needs a good working network infrastructure. Especially for wireless networks good signal coverage is essential. Seems like you need someone to check the network physically to fix possible issues. Are you in UK?

When you mean restart do you mean samba crashes?

Defiantly sounds like a likely networking issue.
Generally I would always reconmend wiring everything which doesn’t move, I’ve terminals and printers.
Tablets obviously not an option on that but as said a good wifi connection is required.

Hi JTRTech,

The Main POS will show it not connected to the server. The Server is install together with the Main POS. The Software will hang or restart itself. The area is are 5m x5m not that huge that the wireless will not work.

Hi Emre,

I am base in Singapore. Current setup is in a own stand alone network. this network on have POS and does not connect to the internet. It has its own ASUS router.

1. What is your SambaPOS version?
    Double click on SambaPOS logo on top left corner then you will see the version.

2. Open task manager, goto services tab and find SambaPOS-MessagingServer and see if it say Running

3. Verify that you can see other PCs in your homegroup

BTW, you main POS is All In One? If so, I think you better get one more computer to be a server. Don’t need anything fancy, just even core 2 quad, 4gb ram and fast HDD (SSD is the best) should be good enough.
If you use main POS as a server, then maybe it to much for 2GB ram to serve as client and server at the same time.

Your saying you have a restaurant with enough seating to require 3 wireless service tablets, a static terminal with wireless service printer and a kitchen with wireless kitchens printer is a 5mx5m area??? :persevere: sounds pretty cramped to me.

You can just disregard everyone’s comments if you like but just because it’s a small area doesn’t mean the issue isn’t wifi! You could be on same channel as other wifi near by or get interference!!!

You refer to a sever but didn’t mention server in you list in origional post. If your all in one machine is the SQL server that as above post it might be under spec for 4 samba connections. It’s an i3 so newer than the PC I use for servers but ram is reinstall light.
Either add some more or run SQL on a seperate machine with more ram and a nice ssd. My servers are usually good C2Duo machines or basic i3 with id say at least 8GB of ram and 64GB SSD. Which you could pick up a USFF or SFF machine on eBay or something for relatively cheap.

Hi JTRTech,

Currently i am using the Windows Embed. does it effect the performance of the software? These setup was done by my supplier which now he told me he does not know how to install it. What you suggest is that upgrade the RAM and SSD right?

Please advise.

-alvin

Embeded would not effect it no.

Do you have issues on the actual terminal or just the tablets?

Not sure on embedded version but 2gb would be on light side for win 7 onwards even before adding SQL server but sure embedded is less ram greedy.

Don’t use embedded much as use usff machines with seperate screen on my systems but usually do min 3-4gb for simple terminal and min 4gb on SQL hosting machine. For increased terminals usually up to 6-8gb for 3-4+ terminals (although on full pro Windows)

Increased ram and small ssd would not break the bank and on my own setup at hotel use 4gb ram and 32gb ssd on terminals and 8gb with 64gb ssd raid on SQL server. Overkill but want best pos results I can.
Ram and small ssds are generally cheap and worth the small outlay.

A post was split to a new topic: Help set up printing