SambaPOS 5.2.13 Beta Release

More than likely that’s been an issue but it just recently was given an error stop.

I uploaded a fresh build of SambaPOS 5.2.13 Beta.

2 Likes

I want to mention you can enter * as the Server Name so SambaPOS will discover message server automatically. If you leave it empty it will also try to discover on first start but it won’t retry if it can’t discover server. Entering * will force it to retry until it finds the server.

As soon as we’ll be ensure it works fine we’ll set it as * by default on future updates.

4 Likes

Nice little feature.

1 Like

A fresh build of 5.2.13 Beta version uploaded.

3 Likes

Regarding reported Reservation Setup issues I added these widget features for next update.

• Allow Past Dates setting added to Editor Widget.
  • Min Max values settings added to Editor Widget.
  • Automatic Colors for Label Widget. When Foreground color set to automatic it will adjust font color with Theme font colors.
  • Editor widget settings grouped for easier navigation.
2 Likes

Is all discounts distributed, we have a Sunday lunch offer of a free glass of wine, daft soft drink or coffee with any roast lunch, previously we have just used a 0 price product for the free drink options but woundering if it would be changed to work automatically with these new options.

1 Like

Yes the discounts are distributed.

EDIT: JTR I think I see what your asking.

Your case you would use a different type of promotion … This combo is using X for Y$ but you would probably use X for Y Items.

I mean do they have to be, presumeably different offer models can be added in the fuctions options.
Cleaner ways to to other senarios where perhaps it’s not x for y price but buy x get one of a range of products free and have all discount on the y product.

You can turn off Distribute discounts too.

1 Like

Arrrr, cool missed that bit. But would that just apply all to first?

The new features will probably help you do yours more efficiently. I would have to study it a little to understand how to build it.

@JTRTech What you need is the X for Y Items. You can define buy so many items get 1 for free. You can then use expressions to tell it what items qualify by using product tags.

It would use select orders new functions.

You would put that on Order Added event.

But buy 2 get one free wouldn’t work as two roasts wouldn’t be 1 roast free, which is partly why the combo discussion made me think of the question so thinking about it maybe it was more of a combo question LOL.
It would need to buy buy one of x get one of y free.

Look what I just posted.

I am fairly sure you use Order Selector in the Adjust Order Prices action for the free item. Thats how you control what it gives.

So to sum it up… you use Select Orders action on Order Added event to define which orders qualify. Then you use Order Selector in the Adjust Order Prices action to tell it what item you get free.

And yes this does involve a new feature that was made for the combos.

1 Like

Im sure you figured it out but MT.Combo=Main is referring to a Product Tag that I defined as Combo and Main is the value.

Adjust Order Prices works on Selected Orders by default.

If we select 3 random orders manually by hand and execute 1 free for 3 function…

1. It will check if 3 orders are selected (by quantity)
  2. If so it will select one of them by applying sort function and zero it’s price by applying discount.
  3. If distribute discount is enabled it will distribute discounts to all selected orders.

So before executing Adjust Order Prices we need to select orders. To do that we can…

1. Execute Select Orders action.
  2. Use Adjust Order Price actions internal order selector.

Adjust Order Prices action accepts single expression so we can select one kind of orders. Like … “orders with X Menu Tag”.

Select Orders Action accepts multiple comma separated expressions. It executes all expressions one by one until one expression does not select an order. So if we set an expression like (MT.Type=Meal) and (MT.Type=Drink) it selects 1 meal and 1 drink.

So if we execute 1 free for 2 items function in descending order it applies discount to cheapest one.

Sorry for my poor explanation, from how I explained it, it my sound like too complex but it is not too hard to implement.

2 Likes

I uploaded a fresh build of SambaPOS 5.2.13 Beta version.

1 Like

Oh no… I was working on some issue. @VehbiEmiroglu today we’ll need to update once more to fix that. I’ll let you know.

2 Likes