SambaPOS 5.2.13 Beta Release

@RickH I just tested it and it loads with the login on focus… I tested it a few times. Not sure what is happening on yours.

Works fine for me also

Ill try again today, I repeatedly closed and reopened and it happened everytime

I’ll have a look again today and see if it still doing it

Seems to be working for me again now, random!!

Ok i will try to reproduce this error Rick.

1 Like

Did you manage to reproduce the error @VehbiEmiroglu?

@VehbiEmiroglu can we update release for latest fixes?

Yes i uploaded the fresh build of 5.2.13 Beta.

1 Like

Does this include a fix for the change menu error I posted?

@emre did you have a chance to look at this bug, menu switching causes a crash and shuts down samba

Yes i looked but didnt reproduce that error.

I use menu switching on my food truck and it’s not crashing mine.

Do you want to look at a database backup, it started after upgrading to the version before the one you released today

Rick probably I missed the error. Can you please test with latest released update and post the crash report here?

Will do just about to download it now :grinning:

What ever you’ve done in the latest update has fixed my issue, it’s working fine now :grinning:

When I get home and can connect to my printer I’ll test if the random ticket printing has been fixed too lol

RickH sorry for the confusion. Seems like my commit messages didn’t fully appeared on release notes. I fixed it. “Screen menu item error fix” was related with your issue so it resolved.

I don’t think random ticket printing relates with these updates as I’ve didn’t made a related change.

Thanks emre :grinning:

I was trying to be optimistic that it might have magically disappeared in latest release haha

I’ll test again tonight and delete and reinstall printer to see if that works, if not I’m at a loss

CRASH - Switching currency

Version: 5.2.13 13/09/2018 12:08:100:

I have an additional currency setup (MXN Inverse rate, 19)

• Add an item
  • Click settle
  • Switch to MXN (but do not process a payment)
  • Switch back to base currency <-- CRASH when switching back

This crash seems to happen whether or not I process a payment in the foreign currency. @QMcKay… You use foreign currencies - Are you experiencing this crash?

-----------------------------
[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version:     5.2.13
Region:      en
DB:          SQ
Machine:     DESKTOP
User:        M
Date:        15/09/2018
Time:        23:32

User Explanation:

M said ""
-----------------------------

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type:        System.NullReferenceException
Message:     Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source:      Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary
Stack Trace: at Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary.Modules.PosModule.Payments.ForeignCurrencyButtonsViewModel.OnForeignCurrencySelected(ForeignCurrency obj) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary\Modules\PosModule\Payments\ForeignCurrencyButtonsViewModel.cs:line 131
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommand`1.<>c__DisplayClass6.<.ctor>b__2(Object o)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.Execute(Object parameter)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter)
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Fresh install of 5.2.13 13/09/2018 12:08 on Windows 10 32-bit tablet. LocalDB 2014 & Sample Data installed with SambaPOS.

UPDATE: Also got exactly the same on 2 additional POS terminals I am setting up, fresh install on Windows 10 64-bit.

Getting blank screen after entering PIN

2018-09-16_04-11-26

Nothing in log.txt except

16/09/2018 03:58
Appkey renew.
######################### E N D #########################

This was mentioned also in another post, I think it’s the same issue.

I think this is only related to fresh installs, because I have upgraded a number of systems already to this build without this issue.