SambaPOS 5.2.29 Beta Release

Number of CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess keep increasing and consuming RAM.

View different ES then come back to view the one with HTML widget numerous times and check Task Manager

OK i will check this.

It would also be useful to handle any exception raised by Execute Html Widget Action (Invoke Script) instead of crashing SP as it does now when calling an undefined JS function.

@VehbiEmiroglu there is another bug in this release for html widgets, ive just created a new entity screen and when you try to add an html widget nothing happens, it doesnt add one. ive tried the other widgets and they seem to add just fine

it just seems to be the html widget that does not add to the entity screen in design mode

EDIT: actually i just found it, it does add it but there isnt a border or anything so you can see it on the screen

EDIT 2: the zoom setting doesnt seem to work, no matter what i set it at it doesnt change, even when closing and reopening samba

It seems these features arent working:

Is toolbar visible - Nothing changes when selected
Zoom - nothing changes when zoom level is changed

Correct. Many newly added widgets don’t have a visible border (plus other way of identifying themselves) and that is a source of confusion for anybody building entity screens for the first time and even experienced developers at times. This problem applies to various other widgets.

I added a feature request about it here

Task editör

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is how it’s always been with widgets and dark theme. I don’t think he changed anything that would cause that. Also you’re specifically referring to Custom screen type as Layout highlights them. This is partly why he enabled layout mode. I think it’s important to clarify that.

This probably should be a different discussion I don’t think it belongs in the version beta. We would prefer to get feedback on the specific beta release and not general requests about the system. We can use other discussions for that. Let’s try to stay on topic with this beta release.

OK. Sorry. I will post a new topic about the widget visibility issues.

It’s relevant only because it’s trivial to implement HTML widget visibility the way i suggested (adding a default URL) and it’s easier to fix it now while working on that code for a different reason.

@ilyas very nice can you show how you created that so others can see? That is specific to this beta so it is relevant.

1 Like

RickH is this the main thing you noticed not working?

Yea I haven’t used html widget before due to the issues that have been fixed with updating it. Before the update I couldn’t log in to sites it just froze but now it works fine.

I start to build a new screen so added the widget and needed to reduce the zoom as it defaults to large in the widget, that’s when I noticed the zoom feature didn’t work

Then I thought if I enable the toolbar I might be able to temporarily do something to zoom out there and thats when I noticed that was working either

Try holding control and use mousewheel to zoom.

Or try pinching if touch.

Since my English is insufficient, I can explain it with pictures.

5 Likes

Thanks @ilyas! When this new HTML widget is fully debugged it will be easy to integrate a lot of advanced web based functions into SP. This is what I love about SP, with creative thinking we can quickly design and implement new UX in just a few minutes!

I think it would be better to put our implementation examples and tutorials into a new topic somewhere as Jesse suggested.

1 Like

I added cookie keeping functionality for Chromium Engine. Download link is at the top of this post.

4 Likes

That’s good! Have confirmed cookies are saved.

Memory leaks are huge when switching ES by clicking native ES tabs.

That Perfmon result shows Samba.Presentation.exe memory consumption increasing from around 250 MB after first viewing the ES to over 1GB in only 3 minutes of manual switching.

Interestingly though, there are NO memory leaks when switching ES via delayed automation.
I can run Exercise Controller doing lots of ES switching (including time delay for the HTML viewer to refresh the webpage each time) and the Process Working Memory does not continually increase.

If switching ES (containing HTML viewer) via automation, the number of CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess does not increase, and the GC is freeing the Chromium memory ok.

BUT when switching ES via native tabs (the UI thread?) the number of Subprocess shown in Task Manager continues to grow rapidly and consume lots of RAM.

Exercise Controller for tests:
ethos02_202002131337SQM.zip (1.2 MB)

A new Beta Setup uploaded. I fixed installer errors in Win7 32Bit editions.
Also LocalDB 2017 option added to setup.
@philbkk i saw that memory problem. Still working on it. In next release i will solve that.

OK! The different behaviour when using automation compared to UI ES switching is hopefully a hint … I also wonder if it is related to async void methods (which are causing the other memory leaks) ??

No, i found the situation. This is different i think.