SambaPOS Database Configuration

You may need to map the network drive on the client PC. A better approach is simply copy pics to client PC.

Thanks Ken,

I picked the pictures and the printers from network/server-pc/picture or printer and all worked

Thanks Again for the help

On the Client, you may need to change the path to the Printers within SambaPOS.

For example, in Printers, you need to type:

\\ServerName\PrinterShareName

And for all images, you should map a drive on the Client that is the same letter as it is on the Server. So if your images are on the Server in the path:

D:\SambaPOS\Images\

Then you share the D: drive on the Server as D.
Then on the Client, map a drive called D: to the share-path:

\\ServerName\D

Then in the Menu Product Properties, the images should work the same as on the Server, for example:

D:\SambaPOS\Images\imagename.jpg

Would request you to confirm if Sql Server Browser service, is up and running, i discovered mine was disabled.

Also ensure your database is logged in i would recommend using the sa account it’s easier and makes you have an easy task.

1 Like

Hellow Mr Emre, how can i get database for sambapos? I must create new database or what?

Thanks Mr Emre

@fendy, you can refer to below link on how to configure Database setup.

Also when you install you have the option to add sample data, this will setup a database with some products and categories for you to have a play with and start customising and building your database/pos system

There are no ‘built in’ databases for different business types its all about you building your own system with belo from the community. That said there are some ‘pre built’ databases that people on the forum have bullt themselves and shared to help others with their systems. Have a search of the forum for pre built databases and you will find some you can download and use to start you off and help you learn and understand how samba works

Hope that helps

I moved a post to a new topic: Waiter Option

Dear Morshed1, my device specification is:

• Asus A46c
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    when i read the guide, it said that the spec is 32 bit. is this a problem for me? because i get an error

Im using sql server 2012 developer edition

HI,

You should be using 64bit version of SQL.
The installation process is same for 32bit and 64bit SQL.

@morshed1 , @Jesse , @emre can you please tell me that how can i re design the tables in samba???

You can’t. But for curiosity sake what were you wanting to do?

If i setup this, does it mean we can use the same sambapos between tablet windows and pc? I mean when we key in order(restaurant) from tablet, does it send it to sambapos on pc?

And is there anyway to use the same sambapos between user account on windows? meaning if i key in order(restaurant) from user account A, then the sambapos on user account B also changing(order we took from user account A)?

1 Like

Those are the same what do you want us to see?

second photo

What error are you getting?

nothing happen when i press “start client now”

Message server has nothing to do with SQL server. Just restart Sambapos after entering the connection string.

now i’m getting this
message server not connected

You don’t need message server unless you plan to use a kitchen screen or want to update entity screens on multiple tills.

If you do then you need to search forum for message server setup. Message server is NOT part of your database.