Sambapos v5 backup

i use v5 with sql 2014 server and when i try to backup with samba i get error that i can’t back throu the prog . i have to back with sql server .

how i can backup the database with sql server 2014 express to restore again after reinstalling new windows

What error do you get?

samba can’t backup the database

That’s all it says? Nothing else?

yes . if i use server sql express with mangment studio , should samba still be able to backup the data ?

or i should do it manual ?

Yes you should, I use 2014 with SQLMS but use samba itself for backup.

It doesnt say cant backup because of permissions or something, just cant backup?

samba can’t backup the database

It should give a more descriptive error message than this. At least our product name is not samba :slight_smile:

@JTRTech
yea u was right . it couldn’t backup cause of permissions . i changed location to drive d and worked great . ty

but is it better to backup from sql or pos tools ?

Personally find in samba simple and easy.

Search for NT Service on the forum and you can give SQL permissions for a directory of choice if you want somewhere specific.
You manually add SQL service - should look something like NT Service\MSSQL$SAMBAPOS and give full access.

1 Like

The database module is using SQL to backup. It’s just a UI access to it. It’s doing the same operation that MSSMS would do except it’s also zipping the backup to save space.

1 Like

That’s right it does what mssms does. Just have 2 additional features.

1. It renames databases to actual database in use.
  2. It manages samba market licenses so you won’t overwrite your licenses during restore.
3 Likes

Hi Jesse. How do I go back to my old setting without losing customers records? I got backup 2016 setting,Record,menu,

No simple way to do this.
Provided similar versions it should be posible using sql managment to restore specific tables but allot of potential issues depending on how much has been changed in 4 years…
If by records you just mean your list of customer entities that wouldn’t be so bad.
If you want to keep sales data its a little more complex.