Scanning an barcode on the ticket screen to search through member list id nubmers and select customer

How can I go about doing this so that I can scan a id number and it checks if it exists. If it doesnt exist then how can I go about asking for the First and Last name and age.

This has been discussed numerous times please take advantage of search and browse through the tutorials.

Im not trying to be rude, but ive tried to use the search function. Ive gone through almost every v4 and v5 Tutorial, i cant find it anywhere.

I’m not at a station to show you but I do know it’s been discussed a lot. Maybe try other search topics or keywords.

Although they are not direct tutorials for exactly what your doing the contain the key parts you need (setting/changing ticket entity via barcode);

Both have additional setup for further features but on both principles are similar.
Gift vouchers are entities in Q’s
Staff are entities in RichHs

1 Like

Hey there Ive now tried both and both dont work, just crash my program

Both do work its been demonstrated in the posts. You probably need to learn from it more and learn how to spot and fix your mistakes. Taking the time to experiment and understand how SambaPOS works will pay off bigtime.

Hi, I think more to the problem is that those tutorials are for v4 not v5, i.e. the actions are slightly differnt, ill go about posting all my actions and rules to see what Im doing wron gin a moment

Heres My Entity which I want

My Actiion:

And My Rule

Entity Name will not be the Primary Field. Use Search Value for your Variable instead.

1 Like