We already have things separated by ticket type: pickup, delivery, pre-order. Pre-orders live in their own entity screen whilst pickup and delivery in another.
This is for pre-orders where the original ticket type is stored as a tag. When changing ticket types on pre-order tickets, or any for that matter, there is no change in entity as the customer selection is required before creating a ticket.
That’s the plan.
Here are the actions for the rule:
When there is a non promo item on the ticket everything works. Only the non-promo item’s price changes (in this case the Alfredo pie):
However, when I remove the Alfredo pie and leave only the promo the promo items’ prices are changed.
With select orders I thought it would work something like this:
I go to a fruit stand and say, “give me three green apples.” If they have no green apples, I don’t expect any apples. But what’s happening with the select orders action is I’m asking for green apples and getting red ones because there are no green ones.
I dont think its the select doing that… I think it is applying update order to all orders because none are specifically selected…
Try adding a rule constraint that counts the ‘PStatus=’ orders so if there are no orders to select the rule doesnt fire. That is if it fits into your flow. This rule is after the ask questions i guess so other bits would still be updated just this rule doesnt fire if no orders needing changing?
The report expression could count qty or posibly price. I think the report you want is something like TICKET ORDER QTY EXP:
You could test my theory by adding a test popup/message with the SELECTED ORDERS expression which from memory returns a list of order ids or 0s if new orders without a uid. If it shows null but prices change its the update price list applying to all because non are selected rather than select order dedaulting to all if filter returns no orders.
THanks for getting back to me.
I just went back with fresh eyes and it turns out there is a “Require Selection” option for the Update Orders action that I didn’t see because I didn’t scroll down.
So Require Selection=True does the trick… for now